Grow Mediums Nft system

Daipot

Growing photoperiod trees
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm gonna keep this short and sweet so here goes.
I'm about half way through my second grow and I've been using coco, I love coco and I've had some amazing results in my short life as a weed grower. The major reason for wantin to switch to a true hydro setup is too irradiate the amount of time I currently spend watering my girls. Plus I understand that if I pull it off the hydro system will give better result.

The system I'm going for is a nft setup.
What's the general opinion on these? The model I'm lookin at buying is a gt424 because I can fit two of these quite snugly in my grow space and hopefully grow two plants on each.

Hit me back peeps

It's just the wee GT205 systems I've been using but they seem to work a treat....for example - Short stuff new test run.

Strain choice can be a bit difficult with growth rates like you get in hydro though......I've seen some grow as much as 4 inches a day so things can get overwhelming quick:smoking:

Also, even if they don't get too tall they might get too heavy for the NFT tables and cause them to sag so much roots gets starved at the sides so it might be an idea to check if you can place supports under the table where you plan on putting the plants. I can't remember which systems they sell supports for.....it's like a mini barstool that sits in the res and stops the roof falling down when things go a little too well!

It's just the wee GT205 systems I've been using but they seem to work a treat....for example - Short stuff new test run.

Strain choice can be a bit difficult with growth rates like you get in hydro though......I've seen some grow as much as 4 inches a day so things can get overwhelming quick:smoking:

Also, even if they don't get too tall they might get too heavy for the NFT tables and cause them to sag so much roots gets starved at the sides so it might be an idea to check if you can place supports under the table where you plan on putting the plants. I can't remember which systems they sell supports for.....it's like a mini barstool that sits in the res and stops the roof falling down when things go a little too well!
Ah sweet. I'm thinking of running Sensi sup skunk auto. I've grown this before in coco so I already have an understanding of how this strain behaves. I can easily make my own supports to fit in the system which I think I will have too do because this strain can grow really large.
I've currently got a 1.2 x 1.2 meter grow tent and I'm planning on putting four plants on two systems. Do you think I could get away with this?
Cheers mate

I've seen videos of people setting up four plants on these but I've yet too see one of the results of this.

I've seen videos of people setting up four plants on these but I've yet too see one of the results of this.

4 plants in a GT205?

I did that with my first autos (Russian Rocket Fuel) and what happened is at the back of this room....
room1505.jpg

...the smaller plants were photoperiods still on veg - the ones with the arrows were clones I had just topped and the one with the screen round it was a seed I started at the same time I started the autos.

After that it got a bit hard to get in the room to take pics but the end result was loadsaweed:smoking::smoking::smoking:

4 plants in a GT205?

I did that with my first autos (Russian Rocket Fuel) and what happened is at the back of this room....
View attachment 677280

...the smaller plants were photoperiods still on veg - the ones with the arrows were clones I had just topped and the one with the screen round it was a seed I started at the same time I started the autos.

After that it got a bit hard to get in the room to take pics but the end result was loadsaweed:smoking::smoking::smoking:
Hahaha fuck me! That is VERY impressive! I wish I could grow that much but it can't ATM. But I am planning on investing on a 2 x 2 tent in the future. So four in a gt424 is possible then? What did u yield from them autos at the back.
Very nice pic btw

Hahaha fuck me! That is VERY impressive! I wish I could grow that much but it can't ATM. But I am planning on investing on a 2 x 2 tent in the future. So four in a gt424 is possible then? What did u yield from them autos at the back.
Very nice pic btw

Cheers bud. I lost count of the weight and didn't trim it all.....can't remember if it was 10 or 12 ounces of trimmed bud and I maybe trimmed half the branches.

It's still funny though:haha::smoking::pass:

Cheers bud. I lost count of the weight and didn't trim it all.....can't remember if it was 10 or 12 ounces of trimmed bud and I maybe trimmed half the branches.

That's awesome. I just read that a gt205 is suited for one plant. How the hell did u manage too pull that off In that system?

It's the gt424 I'll be using

Back