New Grower Newest Grow - week 2

Jackson

Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Hello All-

Been a member since 2003 but didn't start growing until 2015.

Currently growing in this order for viewing. Sour bubbly, Toof decay and chemdog. All under LED Platinum P300 and just added solar flare 220.

Soil - roots organic with added GBD super soil.

5 gallon pots watered with distilled water.

Also growing in 6 x 3 x 3 gorilla tent.
Noticing some tiny black flies and I mean tiny.

Any thoughts on pics and flies are appreciated.

Jackson

Attachments

• IMG_0010.JPG
    IMG_0010.JPG
    171.6 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0011.JPG
    IMG_0011.JPG
    249.5 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0012.JPG
    IMG_0012.JPG
    203.5 KB · Views: 59
Little Gnats will be eradicated with food grade diatomaceous earth. 1 of them is displaying leaf mutations, may be slower than the others. Another backup is always beneficial

Nice set up you got there! Sounds like you did a lot of homework and have things pretty much dialed in. Fungus gnats are super common with any type of organic soil, or soil in general. Like @Micron Creek stated.. A top dressing of food grade DE should take care of that issue. Good luck on your grow. I'll be tagging along!

yo bro thanks for the tag. im actually a trained pest controller. strangely enough though it means most folk on here dont aggree with my methods.
id use pesticides every time because i know whats safe to use. the majority here however prefer much less "extreme" methods.
ive seen a lot of people saying d/e works.

grr somethings glitching and it wont let me post the rest of that... here we go though lol
image.png

yaaay kill em all man! fry the f*#%+rs! just spotted my first beastie the other day so im slightly on edge aswell. only found 1 larvae so far but theres always more. gonna go get stocked up on ladybugs tomorrow and hopefully save any dramas : )

Little bastards! Gonna get some yellow bug pads too. Anything that doesn't die will get tossed in microwave. Ha! @epenguin

Back