Live Stoners Newbie with paragraphs of questions, sorry

Reaction score
Hey there I will be attempting my second grow ever some time soon hopefully. I bought the last five Magic Strains Bubba Trouble from DCSB and will be trying my first ever Autofems.

I learned A LOT last time when I grew some Nirvana Blue Mystic but that was also 7 years and a couple of states ago.

I have read a lot of diaries, and tutorials to get myself back up to date and feel like I'm able to successfully navigate a grow but I would like some feedback on my process and nute schedule if possible. Thank you for buckling in for the ride.

This will all take place in a 2x4x7 tent. If 3 plants will be too many for this area please weigh in because this is purely for personal consumption and so I am more worried about growing quality but also quantity enough to last between grows

I will be trying to pop 3 beans in rapid rooter plugs that have been soaked in pH 5.8 water for a couple of hours and then squeezed so that they're moist but not soaking. I will place the 3 beans in the rapid rooter plugs, pointed end down. I will place them in a dark grow tent with a tupperware over them for a humidity dome and try to keep the area from 70-80 degrees. Once they all show their true leaves I will turn on 2 t5 6700k tubes and move them into their 5 gallon bubble buckets. I will turn on the the other 4 tubes ASAP and so the three bubble buckets will be sitting under 4 6700k tubes and 2 2300k tubes.

I will begin following this nute chart that I created for what I plan on using for this grow.

I will be changing the water every week and topping off with pH'ed water throughout most of the week and 1/4'ed nutes on Wednesday. During the shift to flower I will run a low ml FloraKleen bath over them before changing them to the full flower nutes (is this one time enough?).

I will be changing over to 2x HGL 260w kits as well, should I do this the same week im changing over to the flower nutes? or the week before?

Finally, what is the exact mix order for nutes? I was told Armor Si --> CalMag-->Micro--->Gro--->Bloom--->The rest of the additives and let it sit for five minutes to let the pH stabilize and then figure out what I need to do (always pH down for me). Mix the pH down into a separate container and dilute before adding to the nute mix. Stir, test, repeat till 5.8-6.

I know this place wasn't really meant for this type of thing but these are the questions that are really eating at me sorry but I see it is a LOT. I am terrified of my Bubba Troubles not switching from veg to flower after all the work :(

Sounds like everything is planned out well to me.
Although i 2 plants would do better than 3 in a 4x2 tent.
Those hlg lights are some of the best and most efficient lights money can buy i would be using them from day 1.
(Are they 3500k spectrum?)

Is the schedule in ml per gallon? It looks about right to me too.
You can always adjust strengths according to how the plant an ph/ec is reacting.
Long as your pumping plenty of air into the buckets you should grow monsters.

Do you plan on using hydroguard or sm/90? They are excellent products and i wouldnt do a dwc grow without them.

They're 3k spectrum since they're the v2's which is why I wasn't planning on vege'ing with them since I thought they would do better with more of the blue spectrum.

The air thing brings me to another question, I bought the 6 port 951 gph air pump but it doesn't have a way to turn off the unused ports like my old one did, can I just tape over the unused ports?

I will now be using hydroguard in my grow since I actually did have the root rot problem with my Blue Mystics and had to give them a high concentrate version of h2o2 to fix it. Looks like this will prevent that from happening. Is sm/90 similar to hydroguard in that respect or is it just to help with infestations and what seems like nutrient uptake?

The schedule is indeed in ml per gallon, and I will be hopefully creating a nice grow journal to document their growth and for help with nute diagnosis.

Thank you for your reply and instilling confidence in my decisions and thought process so far!

hi and welcome :pass:a plant can often be 2x2 or more.ihave 3 in a cupboard a tad smaller than 2x4 but theres 3 weeks or 21 days between them.
a pretty good germ guide https://www.autoflower.org/threads/mephisto-germ-tech-a-quick-guide.52948/
i dont know nothing about dwc stuff sorry :shrug:sanguine knows his onions though :thumbsup:
autos should flower all by themselves regardless of light and nutes given,so should have no worries there.
good luck n keep er lit.
:pighug:

The blue spectrum will help in veg and a lot of growers use it in flower to help produce more crystal. Why not use the hlgs and the blue t5s right through.
Just keep the hlgs at a safe distance during seedling stage.

To block the unused manifold holes cut a couple extra bits of tubing at 2 inches and bend it into a u shape a plug both ends. Tape might blow off.

Yea sm90 is to keep the res sterile and roots healthy. Similar to hydroguard but much easier to find in europe/uk.

Oh and welcome to AFN and good luck with the grow brother
:pass:

I will indeed be moving down to 2 instead of 3 plants, I was planning on beefing up to a 4x4 but since it is purely for personal consumption I think it will be overkill for no REAL benefit.

Back