Newbie to Autoflowers .. needing some guidance please

One thing in that is true, Autos use about 50%-60% of the nutrients that photos need. I run most autos at 500 - 550 PPM of balanced nutrients (not counting your starting water PPM). Some autos can use more. I have taken some photos as high as 1600 PPM but that is pushing it.
Read this as it will be helpful.

This is when you do a transition week on your nutrients:
View attachment 1353820

This is when you start Bloom nutrients:

View attachment 1353819
Thank you so much for posting the link and pictures up. The Tutorial was well written, easy to follow and very informative, I learnt a lot from it. I am using a CalMag supplement(Go Green) which is a part of the feeding schedule I am using, Professors Nutrients are specifically made for growing cannabis in Hydro/Coco. As the CalMag supplement is part of the feeding, I should keep using it? This part of the tutorial threw me of track a little .. "The first thing you need to learn is to get a ladder and put the Cal-Mag on the top shelf out of reach. Put the ladder away. I do not know how it got started but Cal-Mag is the number one abused product in the tent. It alone is responsible for more plants in the Infirmary than all other products combined." Thank you for taking the time to make that tutorial, it is really helpful.

The pictures are a great resource to work out when to start changing the nutrients from veg to bloom, really appreciate it. When you say transition week, do you mean mixing parts of veg + bloom nutes in the same feeding? I have noticed a lot of people doing that, but when PN emailed me they didn't mention it. Beautiful plants by the way, nice and healthy.

Thank you again for all your help and time, have learnt a lot on this site already from you, others and from just researching here. Cheers

Was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction for Tutorials/threads on training/defoliation for Auto's? Have used the search bar and have done some researching, just having trouble finding anything just specific on these subjects in this huge site haha. Cheers.

Thank you so much for posting the link and pictures up. The Tutorial was well written, easy to follow and very informative, I learnt a lot from it. I am using a CalMag supplement(Go Green) which is a part of the feeding schedule I am using, Professors Nutrients are specifically made for growing cannabis in Hydro/Coco. As the CalMag supplement is part of the feeding, I should keep using it? This part of the tutorial threw me of track a little .. "The first thing you need to learn is to get a ladder and put the Cal-Mag on the top shelf out of reach. Put the ladder away. I do not know how it got started but Cal-Mag is the number one abused product in the tent. It alone is responsible for more plants in the Infirmary than all other products combined." Thank you for taking the time to make that tutorial, it is really helpful.

The pictures are a great resource to work out when to start changing the nutrients from veg to bloom, really appreciate it. When you say transition week, do you mean mixing parts of veg + bloom nutes in the same feeding? I have noticed a lot of people doing that, but when PN emailed me they didn't mention it. Beautiful plants by the way, nice and healthy.

Thank you again for all your help and time, have learnt a lot on this site already from you, others and from just researching here. Cheers
:jump:If I got you to think about why you are adding calcium then I did as intended. If you are sure that the nutrient system you are using needs it then by all means use it. We have members whose tap water is too high in calcium right out of the faucet.

Yes a transition week is a blend of the veg and bloom formulas 50/50 + just a touch of P-K for me. In growing photos it is also when you want to give a generous P-K boost.

Was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction for Tutorials/threads on training/defoliation for Auto's? Have used the search bar and have done some researching, just having trouble finding anything just specific on these subjects in this huge site haha. Cheers.

That is a good question. I am certain it is out there. My yields improved when I stopped defoliating. I only top above the fourth node. I do defoliate underneath when the plants need better airflow for mold prevention. Go over to live stoner I am sure someone over there knows.

Newbutoldgrower

Thank you for all your help buddy .. greatly appreciated. You have taught me more about Nutrients than I have learnt while researching, still lots to learn. Cheers
:jump:If I got you to think about why you are adding calcium then I did as intended. If you are sure that the nutrient system you are using needs it then by all means use it. We have members whose tap water is too high in calcium right out of the faucet.

Yes a transition week is a blend of the veg and bloom formulas 50/50 + just a touch of P-K for me. In growing photos it is also when you want to give a generous P-K boost.

That is a good question. I am certain it is out there. My yields improved when I stopped defoliating. I only top above the fourth node. I do defoliate underneath when the plants need better airflow for mold prevention. Go over to live stoner I am sure someone over there knows.
You definitely have got me thinking about the CalMag in the feeding schedule I am using as a guide. I sent a email to PN to see if they have included Go Green as part of the schedule or is it used more as a preventative in the schedule, haven't received a reply yet. I have uploaded a copy of the local water report, can I use it and the table/chart in your tutorial to work out what I need more/less of in my feeding? Probably a silly question, just not very good at this stuff yet lol, so any help would be appreciated.

Thank you for clarifying what transition week meant, another question that's been on my mind answered. I'm going to do a bit of an update next, any advice/feedback would be great. Cheers

Attachments

• Web capture_11-8-2021_10444_.jpeg
    Web capture_11-8-2021_10444_.jpeg
    96.2 KB · Views: 29
Hey everyone.

Just a bit of an update and looking for some help/advice as well. The Gelato#41 and Chimp Glue are 3 weeks old since breaking ground today, Skywalker Kush is 2 weeks 5 days since breaking ground. Temps have improved a little this week with High 24.2°C Humidity 59% Low 18.7 Humidity 42%. The light is now sitting at 25" from canopy. All plants seem quite healthy except for one which I gave a bit of a flush with pH'd water, seems to be coming back now.

I have been reading and researching a bit on training, and was thinking of trying some topping with the Auto's. As the Chimp Glue and Gelato#41 are 21 days from breaking ground today, is it too late to top them? Or being my first Auto grow should I just leave them and learn more about them from the grow? From what I have been reading everyone seems to do it by day 20. Also any advice on defoliation would be greatly appreciated, its freaking me out a little hahaha. Just don't want to do irreversible damage to the Auto's. I thought I would try on my thread first before trying the Live Stoner section like mentioned above.

I have uploaded some pics of the plants taken this morning. Any help/advice/feedback and constructive criticism always welcome. Cheers

Attachments

• 20210814_085716.jpg
    20210814_085716.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 37
  • 20210814_085835.jpg
    20210814_085835.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 35
  • 20210814_085752.jpg
    20210814_085752.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 36
Hey everyone.

Just a bit of an update and looking for some help/advice as well. The Gelato#41 and Chimp Glue are 3 weeks old since breaking ground today, Skywalker Kush is 2 weeks 5 days since breaking ground. Temps have improved a little this week with High 24.2°C Humidity 59% Low 18.7 Humidity 42%. The light is now sitting at 25" from canopy. All plants seem quite healthy except for one which I gave a bit of a flush with pH'd water, seems to be coming back now.

I have been reading and researching a bit on training, and was thinking of trying some topping with the Auto's. As the Chimp Glue and Gelato#41 are 21 days from breaking ground today, is it too late to top them? Or being my first Auto grow should I just leave them and learn more about them from the grow? From what I have been reading everyone seems to do it by day 20. Also any advice on defoliation would be greatly appreciated, its freaking me out a little hahaha. Just don't want to do irreversible damage to the Auto's. I thought I would try on my thread first before trying the Live Stoner section like mentioned above.

I have uploaded some pics of the plants taken this morning. Any help/advice/feedback and constructive criticism always welcome. Cheers

ah yes, the good ol' "to top or not to top" ques :rofl: all i'll say is that if ur gonna do it, do it now, or forever hold ur peace, lol:shooty: u could alwayz jus do it to a couple of em & let the otherz go natural :shrug: totally ur call ;) ppp

ah yes, the good ol' "to top or not to top" ques :rofl: all i'll say is that if ur gonna do it, do it now, or forever hold ur peace, lol:shooty: u could alwayz jus do it to a couple of em & let the otherz go natural :shrug: totally ur call ;) ppp
Hahaha .. that damn topping question again is really what you mean .. Non?;) Thank you for your advise, it has helped me make my mind up. I first thought that just doing 3-4 of the plants for the first Auto grow would be the go, so going to stick with that. Going to do 2 x Gelato#41, 1 x Chimp Glue and 1 x Skywalker Kush tomorrow or the next day, they are a couple of days younger. Thank again for the advice, I'm off to do some topping:tang:. Cheers mate

Hey everyone.

Im using a temporary account until I figure out how to get into my other one, reset the computer and lost passwords:frowny1:. I have had an interesting couple of weeks in the Auto tent. Started off with a bit of leaf damage from the wet vac, tried to save the temp gauge from drowning in the runoff which didn't end well. Then stuffed up my feeding by giving to much veg booster, ended up giving it 25% of what is recommended for Photo plants. But think the damage was done already as the plants started showing signs of Nitrogen Toxicity. Flushed twice over the last week or so with 2L of pH'd water. They seem to have come back a bit but still aren't the happiest plants.

About a week ago I had a major accident in the tent, the 9 plants become 8, RIP little Gelato#41. I was moving plants around in the tent, and silly me didn't realize I had put a couple of the plants right on the edge of the wood they are sitting on, Im blaming the pain killers I am on haha. Next thing I know 4 of the plants were sitting in the flood tray, one completely squashed by the others. The other 3 took a few days to recover, one is squashed quite badly but hanging in there.

I changed the globe to HPS a bit over a week ago, sitting between 20"-23". Temps and humidity have been a bit better, Temp 25°C Humidity 55%-58%. I am feeding the plants EC 0.9, and will starting transition feeding this week, I think?

I am uploading some pictures, quite a few as its hard to get a good picture. Any advice that could make my babies feel a bit better would be greatly appreciated. I have spent a lot of time on them, but just cant figure out why they are unhappy. Also wondering on peoples views on starting transitional feeding this week? I sort of feel like I should have started already, especially with the Skywalker Kush(taller ones).

Thanks for your time, and look forward to any advice/help that I can get. Cheers.

Attachments

• 20210901_093929.jpg
    20210901_093929.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 20
  • 20210901_094236.jpg
    20210901_094236.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 20
  • 20210901_094251.jpg
    20210901_094251.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 23
  • 20210901_093802.jpg
    20210901_093802.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 18
  • 20210901_093822.jpg
    20210901_093822.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 22
  • 20210901_093857.jpg
    20210901_093857.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 25
who are you? (just kidding)

Sorry you lost access to your other account but those plants look good. :cheers: hope you get access to the main account but at least you have a back up now lol

Newbutoldgrower

Thanks for all your advice/help and encouragement buddy, you gave me confidence to push the Auto's further than what I would have. And you have been so welcoming to the site. Really appreciated.
Back