Lighting Newbie CFL setup - wisdom anyone ?

On my last grow I used a CLF blue light and hood before moving them onto my LED's.

It worked out very good. Mid way into the flower stage, they were stolen by police.

It got me thinking that CFL's were good value for money ! I am going to try Blue and Red this time. I like to keep it simple. Let's grow together my friend.......eP.

Hi Penguin, I use a twin sunmate CFL with 2 x 250w (1 red & 1 blue). I run them 24/7 in a .7 x .7 x 1.8m tent. I grow 4 girls in 10ltr airpots. For me they do a great job and get good results. Good luck, CFL FTW!

Thank you AG.

Ive had joy from two eco cfl 125s before got say atleast an oz dry from each then som low ryders, i didnt use reflectors just dangled em close by, still use a 125 if needs be, so that being said corse you can but hps are alot more intense of light which is better for flowering where as cfls are more suited for side lighting

Hey!

I started my first real CFL grow attempt for about a month ago and I am pretty surprised by my result, so far. For the grow-phase I used 2x 125 CFL 6400k with reflectors. I changed to 2x 125 CFL 2700k when she started to flower. I recommend CFLs!

Back