Lighting Newbie CFL setup - wisdom anyone ?

Reaction score
Hey fellas !

I'd like to grow two plants at the same time, knowing that I already have a 125W 6400k (5500 lumens) CFL, with a wing reflector.

I know I'll have to buy some lower temp bulb for flowering. Would I be better off buying some smaller 2700K bulbs, and place them all around the box, so both plants would get both spectrums at all times ? Or sould I directly buy another fat CFL or HPS for flowering, and roll the plants between both to get a yield equivalent to 2 plants ? Could I grow four like this ? (two in veg under the bulb I have, two under another 2700k).

Also, I've just seen the CFL orientation thread and, damn I feel stupid for using that wing reflector ! Although I don't have the budget to buy a parabolic reflector. Would I be better off just throwing mine away and building a cheap parabolic one with tin foil ?

Thanks for your advice, any kind of help or experience is more than welcome really !

Last edited:
Hey froggy,

guess what ! My next grow is gonna be a CFL grow. I may be a few weeks behind you, but we can do this together if you like. I had my LED's taken from me by the police, so I have to go cheap and cheerful. And at a new place. I can't answer your questions as I am a newbie in CFL land. But I am with you my friend.

Lets get growing ......anyone wanna join us ? eP.

Hey Penguin !

Damn that's some sad thing to hear. I guess sorry for your loss is what you say in this language right ? But you're right, always cheerful as long as you've got a somehting to grow with right !!

It's all gone upside down then if you're about to do a CFL grow, since I finally got myself around (at about 3 in the morning last night) to buy 2 Mars I 300W, hoping that would get me 2 decent plants.
I'm still going to use my 130W veg CFL tho, if that's reason enough to be your grow buddy (and anybody who joins in), I like the idea:smoking:

On my last grow I used a CLF blue light and hood before moving them onto my LED's.

It worked out very good. Mid way into the flower stage, they were stolen by police.

It got me thinking that CFL's were good value for money ! I am going to try Blue and Red this time. I like to keep it simple. Let's grow together my friend.......eP.

Why would the police steal lights ? Always thought they'd only go home with the plants

I'll be poppn' my seeds only two and a half week from now though, giving me time to make my setup just right for the girls. What seed are you going to grow Mr Penguin ?

They take anything related to canna production. I agree, it is an area that is for debate. But they have the law on their side.

I hope to grow some more "Monstero Blanco" auto seeds that were gifted to me by a good friend. It is a very good smoke !!!!

eP.

Groweedeasy.com is an excellent site for CFL growing. I'm an old pro at CFLS and the growweedeasy.com website is the best

Wash your mouth out Baylee.........but yes, there is a smidgen of decent advice

Wash your mouth out Baylee.........but yes, there is a smidgen of decent advice
Grow Weed Easy is not a grow site as AFN. The CFL section is by far the better for CFL info in any one site. If you do CFL Grow Weed Easy is a must read.

growweedeasy.com has a steal this info policy. As long as you use the info as written they don't care if anyone uses their info. Also there are some pretty good CFL grows in their CFL section.

When i first started in my ganja hobby. AFN was my first read (Muddy). Then it was growweedeasy.com. In fact, if I remember there was a mention of Muddy on their site. Not too much mention of autoflower cultivation five years ago. Autoflowers were considered a fad or at least not as good as photosensitive ganja. We have come a long way...I am an autoflower cultivator and I really don't think I'd do another photo grow.

Best of luck to you and you have come to the right place.
download.jpg

Last edited:
Back