Grow Mediums Newbie Autopot Grow

Scarification- How cool is that ! Thanks for your generous reply. Can’t wait to get started once I’ve gathered my supplies and assembled my tent. it’s like prepping for a new baby!

btw, I recognise your crazy cat icon, but forget who he is! It’s not from Kelvin and Hobbs is it?
nope, he's from the Bloom County strip

Alright I am ready to start my first grow!

got me jacks nutrients that i will be using and some coco from Canna mix with perlite.

I am not entirely sure how to germinate and start the seedlings out but my plan is this:
1) start with the paper towel method (in a warm dark place).
2) Once the shell breaks and a 1.25cm tail appears i will be putting that into a jiffy pellet. (Not positive where best to put this pellet)
3) once a head appears I will turn the light on and transplant to a solo cup (do i cover this to keep humidity in?
4) once it gets a little larger i will transplant to the auto pots and keep hand watering until roots get far enough down to turn on the autopots

Does this sound correct? Im not sure how my feeding for coco will go when not in autopots but i will jsut follow what jacks states and leave my lights at 25% about 18 inches away.
This is exactly what I do and have had good luck with it!!

1) start with the paper towel method (in a warm dark place).
2) Once the shell breaks and a 1.25cm tail appears i will be putting that into a jiffy pellet. (Not positive where best to put this pellet)
JUST PUT IT IN THE MIDDLE CAREFULLY, ROOT DOWN. YOU CAN SPRINKLE A LITTLE MYKOS IN THE HOLE FIRST IF YOU WANT.
3) once a head appears I will turn the light on and transplant to a solo cup (do i cover this to keep humidity in?
PLACE A PIECE OF PLASTIC WRAP ON THE CUP UNTIL THE LADIES SHOW THEIR HEADS, THEN YOU CAN REMOVE. SPRAY PELLET
DAILY TO KEEP IT MOIST. I BOTTOM FEED MY BABIES WHEN THEY ARE IN CUPS. I SET THE CUPS IN LIQUID SO THE BABIES ROOTS HAVE TO REACH DOWN FOR FEED.
4) once it gets a little larger i will transplant to the auto pots and keep hand watering until roots get far enough down to turn on the autopots
YOU CAN WATER ABOUT 1-1.5 LITERS OF FEED EVERY 5 DAYS UNTIL THE PLANT REACHES THE SIDES OF THE AUTOPOT. THEN WATER THE
PLANT IN, AND TURN ON THE REZ. WATER THE LADY IN TO MAKE SURE WICKING ACTION STARTS

Good luck sweetie, you sound like you got this!!!!!!!!

Back