New light (maybe? )

Reaction score
Hi guys!
So I did my 1st grow with a 40x40x120cm tent and a TGL STAR 60 ( 3500º K 55w cob) and got aprox 75 gr dry (fastbuds GSC auto).
Got myself a new tent 50x50x140cm for my 2nd grow ( can't fit any bigger tent) and got 90gr dry ( also FB GSC auto).

Been thinking of getting a new light and are looking at Spider Farmer SP1000.
My question is since I consider myself a noob will this light (asuming I do everything the same) produce alot more or should I just keep my COB ?

Last edited:
Well, that space is still pretty tight. I don't think you would need the SpiderFarmer panel unless you plan to upgrade your space in the near future. If you're looking for a small step up that won't cost too too much I would probably point you at the MarsHydro TS600. It's a decent step up in power from the COB but costs about the same. They are a pretty active vendor on here and have been great to deal with for anyone who had an issue. I don't know what shippng might be like but I would look at these two lights:

If you're wanting something a bit bigger and nicer a lot of us have the MarsHydro TS1000, myself included. It might be overkill for your space but the big advantage of the TS1000 over the TS600 is a dimmer knob.

Thanks for the reply DCLXVI.
Yea that's why I was asking. I was looking at the TS 600 ( and even though it's less "effective" than the TS1000 it's way cheaper) also but then again maby I'm already at the point where more light wount get me much more on the space I have and my focus should maby be put somewhere else instead if I want abit bigger "harvest".

A general rule of thumb is 40-50W (actual) for every square foot of grow area (50cm x 50cm = 2.7 sq ft)...but it's just a rough guideline.

You can check how your current light is doing using the Photone smart phone app. It's not perfect, but may give you a decent enough estimate of your actual PPFD levels for a free app. You typically want at least 500-800 PPFD across the canopy. You can go higher, but it usually becomes more an issue of peak center intensity vs. even spread and coverage over the area. COBs usually fall off less with height, but can have less spread across the area.

Tried the app but found it really sensitive to how I angled the phone but got around 350 ish PPFD @ the distance I've keppt the light from canopy in flower. So the question is how much would I gain by getting a Mars Hydro SP600 ? Since I got about 90 gr dry on this set up is 150+ possible ? Thats the question :)

I've got a 120w light in a 2.3x2.3 and my best has been a consistent 90g.

Maybe you can consider YouLumi

If I had more $$ at the time I would have went with a Viparspectra VS1000.

Back