Need soil recommendations

Go find your local hydroponics shop and talk to the guys about the soils they carry. You may be surprised by what you can find locally. No sense in spending $30 shipping on a $15 bag of dirt that the local guy might have for $25. Hopefully they are a cool shop with nice knowledgeable people.

That said quite a few people run BioBizz LightMix. Myself included. I have not had a perfect run with it yet but it really does do a nice job getting seeds started on water only for many many days.

Bio365 make great "water only" soils as well. Look them up and shoot them an email. Cool guys for sure. There is also one online distributor/shop that will ship dirt but yesh, spendy.

Thank you! Have you ever experimented with the General Organics Go Box?? If not any good simple cheap nutrients that you recommend? All the numbers get me confused lol everyone says npk ?-?-? But what are the values of the number is it a mixed ratio or?
Never got into the advanced nutrient shit, due to very high shipping prices to where i live and i grow just for myself so i just grab something with nice NpK values and some micronutrients added in. The NPK is the amount of nitrogen phosphorus and pottasium a fertilizer has, usually organic fertilizers have low values (under 10) and synthetic fertilizers have values of over 10. To simply put it for veg state you need more nitrogen and for flower you need more phosphorus, thats about all there is to it. Im pretty sure if you get a big pot and fill it with a lot of organic soil, add some compost like vermiculite bat guano or stuff like that you could get by without any fertilizers. I dont really get into the organic stuff as its cheaper and easier to just grow with what you have.

DO NOT BUY KELLOGG SOIL (common at HD/Lowe’s). Absolute crap. I spent two years before cannabis (regular gardening) thinking I just had a brownish thumb. I wasted my first two sets of cannabis seeds in that horrible soil, again thinking it was my skills. Only thanks to the folks here did I figure out it was my “organic” soil that was the problem. WHAT A WASTE OF ENERGY AND RESOURCES! Autos now doing great in Happy Frog (I grow indoor).

I did a test with some jalapeño plants this spring after learning about the soil: the ones I planted in happy frog are vibrant, green, and already giving peppers. The ones I put in Kellogg organic (I even added perlite at the same ratio): barely growing, lime green, no fruit. I transplanted a couple of those into HF and they’re coming around nicely. I am so disgusted with that company’s products. I am determined to keep others from making the same mistake.

Back