Need smell advice....

InkAddict$

Green 👍 Addict$ Jonny 🍎 weed$
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
JEAN-O’S VOODOO
Ok I'm not there yet but I want to be ready...I got a 5x5 ac infinity tent, ac infinity ventilation fan with the 67 controller. Has carbon filter. I got 2 oscillating fans in the tent.im ordering a big air purifier with HEPA filter and carbon.i stay in a apartment and it's in my bedroom..will I be cool with what I got?or any advice? thanks everyone..

Build a bucket scrubber to vent the exhaust through. What size fan/filter combo do you have? 4" 6" ? If you have to vent into the room you are growing in, the in-tent carbon filter helps a lot, but I found that the exhausted air still carries a lot of scent. This project will probably run you close to $200 for everything and a couple hours. Far less expensive than being noticed or found out.

A 5-gallon home depot bucket makes a great air cleaner when filled with carbon pellets. The lids fit tightly. A hole saw makes the lid much easier to cut. A 4" PVC pipe needs a 4.25" hole saw. You may still have to sand a bit for nice snug fitment. HomeDepot carries 4" PVC pipe pre cut into 2ft or 3ft sections. A 10ft pipe is $20 and the precut is $20. Go figure. However, not having to cart home and deal with an extra 8ft of pipe might be worth the money. I also highly recommend the carbon impregnanted pet version furnace filters. You will need 2 to be able to wrap the bucket nicely. A 45 degree PVC elbow is nice for attaching the exhaust ducting.

Outer furnace filter wrap:

It is some serious DIY and you need a drill but the result is extremely effective. I didn't take pics of mine but these should give you an idea:

Bucket_and_tube.jpg

Carbon_added1.jpg

lid_installed.jpg

The furnace filter wrapped and ziptied around the outside is necessary to keep all the small pellets contained. You can also put a layer of fine mesh window screen on the inside of the bucket and around the center pipe. You will need quite a bit of carbon pellets to fill the bucket. I get mine from carbonbulksales and its about $140 shipped for 20lbs but it works great. Far less expensive than getting found out.

Build a bucket scrubber to vent the exhaust through. What size fan/filter combo do you have? 4" 6" ? If you have to vent into the room you are growing in, the in-tent carbon filter helps a lot, but I found that the exhausted air still carries a lot of scent. This project will probably run you close to $200 for everything and a couple hours. Far less expensive than being noticed or found out.

A 5-gallon home depot bucket makes a great air cleaner when filled with carbon pellets. The lids fit tightly. A hole saw makes the lid much easier to cut. A 4" PVC pipe needs a 4.25" hole saw. You may still have to sand a bit for nice snug fitment. HomeDepot carries 4" PVC pipe pre cut into 2ft or 3ft sections. A 10ft pipe is $20 and the precut is $20. Go figure. However, not having to cart home and deal with an extra 8ft of pipe might be worth the money. I also highly recommend the carbon impregnanted pet version furnace filters. You will need 2 to be able to wrap the bucket nicely. A 45 degree PVC elbow is nice for attaching the exhaust ducting.

It is some serious DIY and you need a drill but the result is extremely effective. I didn't take pics of mine but these should give you an idea:

Bucket_and_tube.jpg

Carbon_added1.jpg

lid_installed.jpg

The furnace filter wrapped and ziptied around the outside is necessary to keep all the small pellets contained. You can also put a layer of fine mesh window screen on the inside of the bucket and around the center pipe. You will need quite a bit of carbon pellets to fill the bucket. I get mine from carbonbulksales and its about $140 shipped for 20lbs but it works great. Far less expensive than getting found out.

6 in

Bucket_and_tube.jpg

Carbon_added1.jpg

lid_installed.jpg

Will the coconut carbon work? It's the cheapest at 7.99$ a pound

Bucket_and_tube.jpg

Carbon_added1.jpg

lid_installed.jpg

This is the set up I have...
Screenshot_20220326-061857.png
[CHAT=][/CHAT]

Last edited:
Will the coconut carbon work? It's the cheapest at 7.99$ a pound

I think so. On the actual coconut page from bulkcarbon they show a picture of a tent filter. You definitely need the 20lb size if you are going with the standard 5gallon bucket. The coconut shell for 20lbs is only $90 which isn't too terrible. The only issue I can see with using it, is that it looks like crushed bits instead of standardized pellets. You'll need to content with it trying to slip out of the holes. Definitely need to line with tight weave screen and wrap that outer filter before trying to fill the bucket.

This one?

With the 6" filter and duct you will need to get a couple adapters. I can take a picture for you tomorrow of how I have mine attached to my current 6" duct.

I think so. On the actual coconut page from bulkcarbon they show a picture of a tent filter. You definitely need the 20lb size if you are going with the standard 5gallon bucket. The coconut shell for 20lbs is only $90 which isn't too terrible. The only issue I can see with using it, is that it looks like crushed bits instead of standardized pellets. You'll need to content with it trying to slip out of the holes. Definitely need to line with tight weave screen and wrap that outer filter before trying to fill the bucket.

This one?

With the 6" filter and duct you will need to get a couple adapters. I can take a picture for you tomorrow of how I have mine attached to my current 6" duct.
Ok thanks very much appreciated...

Probably fine but you could always put a toothpick or small stick next to them for support. Little snip of pipe cleaner works great to keep them attached/supported but not pinched to it.

Back