Lighting Need help with wiring

Reaction score
Hi lads and ladies,

After lurking on here for a few months I have been biten by the cob bug.

Currently im using a Viparspectra 300w in a 16"x20" closet and think its time for an upgrade.

I need someone help getting my head around the cob components.

For now my budget is tight but later on i will upgrade the cobs. What im looking at to begin with are
4x Citizen Clu048 1212 353M2M F1 v6
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/222462989764

Now 1 thing that confuses me is 353M2M, what does that represent as i I have seen several 1212 with a different number here.

Also am i correct in thinkng that my driver will be Hgl 185h-c1400?

Cob holders, are they all the samesor doe you have to match cob led brand to same brand cob holder?

The COBs you sent a link to are 3500k @ 80CRI. I'm pretty sure that number is the K° and CRI all in code. That's how it works with the other Citi KAAAAHBS. Get BJB holders and be prepared to modify em a smidge with some sand paper or a razor blade. Make the COB sit flush. Also gonna need some 18awg solid core to play nice with the BJBs. It's difficult to work with though, so I use 16/2awg stranded with short little 6" tags of the solid core on the end with butt connectors and shrink wrap. Best of both worlds.

THEY'RE called KAAAAHBS Joe's dad's stuff

I have great luck with the 90CRI lights. That's what I would get is 3500k @ 90CRI.

I used that cob with a Chinese heat sink and Chinese 50 w driver sat on top from Ali express. Cost me £15 each, don't get hot.

Sent from my comfy chair
[emoji41][emoji2956][emoji848][emoji12][emoji42]

The COBs you sent a link to are 3500k @ 80CRI. I'm pretty sure that number is the K° and CRI all in code. That's how it works with the other Citi KAAAAHBS. Get BJB holders and be prepared to modify em a smidge with some sand paper or a razor blade. Make the COB sit flush. Also gonna need some 18awg solid core to play nice with the BJBs. It's difficult to work with though, so I use 16/2awg stranded with short little 6" tags of the solid core on the end with butt connectors and shrink wrap. Best of both worlds.

I wouldn't be to bothered about modifing the holders, and i have found citizen holders anyways. Also found 90cri cobs too.

https://www.autoflower.org/threads/homemade-chinese-2x-50w-cobs-for-27-35.65199/
I am in the process of subbing Chinese cobs for citizen as they are better.

Sent from my comfy chair

Ive your grow and seriously thought about going the chinese route, have the cobs and a heat sinks in my aliexpress basket, i just dont know if they compair to the branded stuff, i have been let down to many times with chinese stuff. Have you grown with both the citi1212s and the Chinese cobs?

Ive your grow and seriously thought about going the chinese route, have the cobs and a heat sinks in my aliexpress basket, i just dont know if they compair to the branded stuff, i have been let down to many times with chinese stuff. Have you grown with both the citi1212s and the Chinese cobs?
Yes I have both, the citizen are slightly better. They don't seem to run quite as hot either.

Sent from my comfy chair

I wouldn't be to bothered about modifing the holders, and i have found citizen holders anyways. Also found 90cri cobs too.
Believe me...I'm not modding the holder, I am shaving a .001" off of the cheap plastic so the light fits on there. I have built over a dozen KAAAAHBS dude. BJB holders sometimes need to get fixed. The electric contacts work like SHIT if the COB isn't sitting level. If it teeter-totters.....FIX IT.

Sound for the help lads, i have decided to buy,

Citizen 1212 3500k 90cri x4
Chinese heatsinks
Ideal citizen cob holders
Hgl 185 c1400b driver
Plus all the other bits i cant find at home or work, wires and frame etc

Regards the driver and wattage. On the specs sheet it says thats a 200w driver, so 4 cobs would be running 50w and 8 would be 25w correct?

Also about the dimming, what does it do? When running 4 cobs at half dim does it dim them down to 25w?

Back