Outdoor Need Help!!! Something wrong with my baby...

If you've been watering/feeding every other day that could also be contributing. Weed like to go through wet/dry cycles for best performance. Keeping the soil too wet can cut off oxygen to the roots and also create a lock out situation. Learn to water by judging the weight of your pots. Get a feel for them when almost dry and only water when they feel that light. That may be every 3-5 days depending on your soil and humidity.

Lower Ph, Using PH down which is usually Phosphoric acid

If the PH is too High your plants will not be able to uptake certain nutrients at the times it requires so it will show nute Def for some things and over fert on others as most of the time we add more feed thinking it is Deficient.

There is probably enough nutes in the soil/coco just now, its just the PH is wrong so the plants cant get at those nutrients it requires

You might not even need to reduce feed, you may just need to sort the PH out by lowering it slightly

I wouldnt add more nutes in on top of what you have been doing as you are just increasing the risk of over fert on that one nutrient

I personally have never fed Epsom Salts, I have never found the need. I am not knocking those who do, I have just found other ways to sort my problems

Sort your PH out and you should be fine :smoke:

There are PH charts

phchart1iu5.jpg

From the PH you are getting at the run off and those charts it would be more likely you are suffering Fe, Iron Deficiency. But I am sure others will think differently

What nutrient it is that is Deficient or Over Fert does not actually matter as it is a symptom of the Problem and not what you should be trying to fix, which IMO would be the PH ;)

ATB

Actually it will help to keep it at 6.0. Hydrates like epsom salts have that average pH.

You should get some "pH down" in your local store. In the case you can't find it and need it soon, you could try vinegar (it's not very effective) or muriatic acid. You should go and get some pH up and down.

Neither iron, copper or zinc are mobile, so the symptoms would show in the new growth. From what I can tell he's using a general purpose fertiliser. It probably has no Mg (can you check in the back label please?). Also Mg toxicity is very very rare, so there's no sence in scaring the guy.

1 tsp per gallon and you can foliar it or 1 tsp per quart for watering. Foliar is faster acting and recommended.

Too much watering is not good, it depends on the temperatures you getting, but you should learn to weight your pot and see if it feels lightweight (dry) or heavy (humid still).

And dolomite lime is very rich in Mg, also a good choice, though it takes time.

EDIT: it might be better also to lower that dosage of fertilizer for about 3/4ml per litre on next feedings.

Thanks. I'll be easy on watering from now on. The temperature has been around 30-35 C here and the surface on the balcony gets really hot... like you can't stand on it without sandals. I have a Basil sitting next to the Cannabis and the Basil gets so thirsty very quickly so every time when I water him, I have been watering the Cannabis as well...

From what I can tell he's using a general purpose fertiliser.

Yes, actually. (I'm a "she", by the way.) And I checked the label and there wasn't any Mg in it. So, yes, I'm definitely going to work on lowering the pH and the Mg def.

Eheh! My bad :) by force of habit.

30C to 35C is quite hot so you should be fine with everyother day watering. When she gets bigger and the days hotter you'll probably have to water every day (next time get well aerated soil because it relieves you from drowning the babies).

One thing you can do to prevent salt build-up in the soil is either: feed on every other watering, or always aim for 10% to 15% runoff water.

Good gardening and don't forget to keep us posted on evolution.

You can lower ph by adding dolomite lime,or a mix of one tsp.baking soda to gal of water when you water.It stil takes time for the ph to go down so be patient.

No sir Nammy. Lime raises ph, brother. Not lowers, that is sulfur.

I also recommend just getting your ph in line before adding more nutrients. And like Muddy mentioned, it sounds like you are watering too much. Let them dry out almost completely before watering and get good 10% runoff. I hope it all works out for you gal and welcome to the site. :D

Also, I didn't see if or where you said it was a Photo or Auto strain. Autos need to be started at 1/4 strength of the recommended dose. They are more nutrient sensitive.

Autos need to be started at 1/4 strength of the recommended dose. They are more nutrient sensitive.
Ah, I didn't know that. It is Auto, something called "Spaincer" if I remember it correctly. It was a free gift. :)

I'll keep you posted with how it's doing.

BTW, when you water the plant and get run off, do you throw the water in the tray away or leave it in there?

Never heard of that strain. Where did you get it?

I throw what is the majority of runoff out, but a little more comes out and dries up after I put them back in then tent.

I just leave it there as a tampon: It will keep the last cm of the pot with some water till it evaporates. When it gets dry it's usually a good indicator to me of when to water again.

I advise to foliar feed with Epsom salts, complemented with some Mg in the feed aswell. For the next couple of waterings you should continue to give Mg in 1/4 dosage.

I'll be watching for further developments :) Neighbour!

Back