Outdoor Need Help!!! Something wrong with my baby...

T

thinkingmagpie

About a week ago, I noticed some older leaves got brownish tips. I thought I might have over fed my baby (6 weeks old) so I flushed well then gave her only water without nute for next several days. The new growth seemed perfect but a lot of old leaves started curling up...:cry:

She is on the 3rd floor balcony with a lot of sunshine & heat. I'm living in Spain and the day time temperature on the balcony gets ridiculously high.

Do you think this is simply a nute burn or the condition on the balcony is too harsh for her or both?

DSC_7271.jpg

DSC_7270.jpg

DSC_7272.jpg

DSC_7269.jpg

DSC_7267.jpg

Welcome to AFN. I see a few leaves with the ends curling up, so may have been a bit of over feeding, but it looks more like nutrient lockout caused by your pH being off. What's the pH of your soil or of your run off?

It could also be a potassium def.Check out 420.com/problems/forum,theres a picture that looks just like yours.

:) It's clear its a mobile nutrient problem: Mg, N, P or K most likely! N is clearly not, P would have darken the lower leafs so it's not also, which leaves Mg and K. They are yellowing between veins, it's important.

Definitely more information is needed To give a good diagnosis.

The all important pH already mentioned by Muddy. The soil type? When did you start feeding? what are you feeding her (and what quantities)? I see some tips burned from feeding. That's ok. Also important is how fast it's been happening?

Thanks Muddy & namvet25.

I checked the pH of the run off and it was 6.6 - 6.8. It's guite OK level, right?

And, yes, the photo of potassium def looks very much like mine...:(

Yeah I would buy a PH tester ect to try and find out what PH your feeding your plants at just now.

You want to be 6.0 - 6.5 ph for Soil and Coco.

Unfortunately the damage is done, all you can do is try and change things so that these problems dont increase further

From now on I would give the plants a reduced feed of nutes

Cannabis plants tend to cope better with low PH compared to a High PH. when you are giving them a to high a PH they go down hill much quicker than if it were Low PH.

I would say your PH is to high and your feeding them slightly to much. So just lower the PH and reduce the amount you are feeding them

Other than the leaves they are lovely looking plants :smoke:

ATB

That's just a bit on the upper side of the line. Best ph around 6.3. Next feedings you should lower the water pH to around 6.0/6.1 and check run-off :)

Like I said before, it could be either K or Mg. If you feed them both you should be ok in the end :)

Thanks Hugo.

The soil is a mixture of a typical gardening soil, warm casting, manure & compost mixture from my farmer friend. I started feeding her about 4 1/2 weeks ago, started with a weaker dosage and then brought up to the recommended dosage about 2 weeks ago. The fertilizer is 7-5-6 liquid one and I usually put 5ml in 1 liter water (which is the recommended dosage on the bottle.) I was feeding her every other day.

It was in last 1 week that I noticed the browning of the tips and the mottled look on the lower leaves... The worst looking curling up happened in last 2 days...

Ok, then I say it's early Mg def. I would add epson salts to the feeding or give a calmag exclusively on next feeding.

I still recommend you lower the pH a bit.

Thanks everyone. Really. What can I do without a forum like this & nice guys like you all?

If I add epsom salts, wouldn't it up my pH level even higher...?

It might sound dumb but, hey I'm a noob, how do I lower the pH level?

Back