Outdoor Need Help Growing

B

batterz

ok i plan on using a rapid rooter after germinating my seeds. However when do i transplant them once theyve sprouted up. how many sets of leaves till i put them outside into the soil or have i missed out a stage?

Also whats a good size pot to plant them in if not using rapid rooter. considerimg ill transplant as soon as its safe.

ok i plan on using a rapid rooter after germinating my seeds. However when do i transplant them once theyve sprouted up. how many sets of leaves till i put them outside into the soil or have i missed out a stage?

?, are the rapid rooters made from spongy like material? I ask only because when you do transplant in soil, the soil will soak up the water in rooter material and if you don't keep them moist, they will dry out so fast they'll kill the plant.

Now as far as when to transplant. I only wait about 1 to 2 days after it sprouts. Or when I see the tap root poking out the bottom. I feel that this way, you lessen the transplant shock because the roots are still growing through the plug and once they hit the soil, they've already acclimated themselves to the surroundings...:2cents: But low light for 2 days for sure...

Also whats a good size pot to plant them in if not using rapid rooter. considerimg ill transplant as soon as its safe.

Put then in a pot no smaller than a 10" pot...12'' pots take up more room, but may also give the plants roots plenty of growing room....:2cents:

im planting out side and the rapid rooter is virtually a germanting kit. I was thinking about transferring as soon as the leaves appear.

I've used Rapid Rooters before. Once the seed sprouts you only have a few days before the roots will start to grow through the plug. So you'll need to get them transplanted quickly. However, at that point they are way to small and fragile to go directly outdoors. You'll need to put them in some pots, ones big enough for them to grow for 3-4 weeks or until they have 5-6 good sets of true leaves. Something about 5 or 6" in diameter and at least 6" deep. When you do start to move them outdoors, do it slowly over a few days. Increase their time outdoors daily over 3-4 days so the plants can harden up and get used to their new environment.

Back