Need help diagnosing outdoor grow

Reaction score
-Problem: Leaves turning yellow, leaves turning brown, leaves crisping and dying
-Medium/grow method: Bio-Bizz All Mix, with perlite added. Grown in 6 gallon Smart Pot (fabric pot)
-Feed and supplements used: Bio-Bizz Fish Mix ( 5-1-4). I use 1/2 the amount recommended on the bottle. So 1-2ml per litre of water. I add this to every watering.
-Water source: Tap water (i drink it too). I water her every couple of days. I use between 1-2 liters every watering
-Strain and age: Purple Haze Auto by Original sensible seeds
-Climate: UK temps. 18-25 degrees Celsius during day, 10 degrees Celcius approx at night
- Light used: The sun
-Additional info: Symptoms started appearing about 2 weeks ago, looked like a nitro deficiency so i started using Fish Mix. In the last few days it has gotten worse. the leaves are dying at random parts of the leaf. still looks like there is a nitro deficiency going on but also looks like something else is happening. Could it be root rot ?

--Pictures

-Problem: Leaves turning yellow, leaves turning brown, leaves crisping and dying
-Medium/grow method: Bio-Bizz All Mix, with perlite added. Grown in 6 gallon Smart Pot (fabric pot)
-Feed and supplements used: Bio-Bizz Fish Mix ( 5-1-4). I use 1/2 the amount recommended on the bottle. So 1-2ml per litre of water. I add this to every watering.
-Water source: Tap water (i drink it too). I water her every couple of days. I use between 1-2 liters every watering
-Strain and age: Purple Haze Auto by Original sensible seeds
-Climate: UK temps. 18-25 degrees Celsius during day, 10 degrees Celcius approx at night
- Light used: The sun
-Additional info: Symptoms started appearing about 2 weeks ago, looked like a nitro deficiency so i started using Fish Mix. In the last few days it has gotten worse. the leaves are dying at random parts of the leaf. still looks like there is a nitro deficiency going on but also looks like something else is happening. Could it be root rot ?

--Pictures
Looks like you are locked out - PH problem? You do not mention PH are you checking? I don't think in °C but 10 is too cold for good growth.

Looks like you are locked out - PH problem? You do not mention PH are you checking? I don't think in °C but 10 is too cold for good growth.
Thanks for your response

I am unsure of the pH as I do not have a ph reader
I never used any feed/ nute on her up until a couple of weeks ago. Could this introduction have offset the PH ?

If PH is the issue is there a quick / easy way to fix it ?

On the temperature front, she seems to have been doing great so far and has grown very fast. My country is also experiencing a bit of a heat wave the last 2 - 3 weeks so the temps have been at an all time high for my country.

@Mañ'O'Green - Could this possibly be stress or shock? I had a Japanese Maple that after transplanting in the middle of some hot weather shocked and had similar issues with the leaves and basically would shed its leaves all crinkled and dry much like these here. Just asking for my own future knowledge.

Thanks for your response

I am unsure of the pH as I do not have a ph reader
I never used any feed/ nute on her up until a couple of weeks ago. Could this introduction have offset the PH ?

If PH is the issue is there a quick / easy way to fix it ?

On the temperature front, she seems to have been doing great so far and has grown very fast. My country is also experiencing a bit of a heat wave the last 2 - 3 weeks so the temps have been at an all time high for my country.
Get a PH soil meter Accurate 8 soil pH probe and some PH up and down. In the meantime get some test strips at your local nursery and test the water/nutrient mix you are feeding and adjust it to 6.4 PH using the test strips. Then test the PH in the root zone a couple of hours after fertigating. Then make small adjustments at each watering to bring into range. Don't try to change too fast it can really shock the plant.

Yes high temperature can do that to a plant bu usually the whole plant shows signs of heat stress not just some leaves.

:yeahthat:.... between the lack of feeds, the mild nutes, the cold/heat, this plant is struggling,.. cold retards nutrient uptake and transport, especially P and micronutes,... lowers are N defc. symptoms, but I see other mild symptoms,.. a general lack-of I think, but pH is always in play,....

Back