Nutrients My personal review on advanced nutrients.

Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Cripple
Not grown for a while and decided on advanced this time. Only done a few grows myself but I understand the science involved in growing and thought I could offer some sound advice. Here goes.

If you have even 8 plants in large pots advanced isn't the way to go way overpriced and I'm certain I could get better results for a quarter of the price. That is a fact but from what iv seen advanced don't deserve the bad rep of been shit there not shit there the best considering every aspect no. Doubt bout that . For example if I was at home 24/7 I would defo choose green planet nothing compares to there massive but I would probably still go with sensi grow and bloom as I think there very reasonably priced it's the rest that's overpriced. For a small grow advanced tops the lot a small stealth grow has many downsides e.g temps/humidity etc there's enough to deal with without worrying about nutes. If your away for any length of time I would defo go advanced I had gp in a rez and pH was Eratic to say the lest and after setting pH correct it lasted a few hours. Advanced hold steady for quite a bit longer than advertised. This is the reason and the only reason there worth the price. If your busy and on a good salery then the extra cost more than pays for the lack off fucking about and although iv never seen anyone quote this point a stable pH alone is worth it to me.

Also they get a rep for burning plants but I'm growing the fastest growing autos I could find and there on full dose now and loving it. Was scared to feed full dose but glad I did. From my experience these seem massively underdosed if anything and I know I could buy one bottle which would do what the 5 bottles of supplememts from advanced do and probably yield more.

My point is as follows

Advanced are way overpriced although there base nutes are very reasonable

They seem way underdosed which goes against everything iv heard but we all know how often they change things and this is the coco line so maybe different in other ranges.

I agree with there nutrient calculator the best the plants have been is on full dose although with autos I would start on a quarter dose week one half dose week 2 3/4 week 3 then when switching to bloom full dose from day 1 or your starving them of N. If you decide lower in bloom use cal mag.

I think there maine problem is there website oozes bullshit and sound like a child bigging something up and talking shitn even when there truthful they sound like their talking pure ass.

I would rather not buy nutes from a known sex offender.

If its your first grow use advanced its a no brainer from what iv seen its hard to fuck it up with them.

If your leaving a hydro grow unattended defo go advanced again its a no braimer.

You can defo do way better way cheaper but if your time is precious and you want quality advanced is the way to go the outcome is awesome.

If you have time on your hands run sensi line base with voodoo juice bud candy bud blood not bud ignitor its shite b 52. House and garden root excelurator silver bottle if possible gp Massive and gp finisher and you will be speechless. Huge yield but advanced smash it on taste. So there's no perfect nutrients there's options to suite what your after.

I keep seeing people stating bud candy is mollases and sugar. If your that clueless you really didn't ought to be advising people! Not getting Into it but no better way of stating your clueless than commenting repeating it cos you seen it stated by someome else. Utter bullshit.

Depends on your situation but I'm sticking with advanced as my grow is so small it's not that expensive.

I decide to write this cos everything iv heard couldn't be any further from what I and all my friends have experienced.

That's is a honest review after seeing a fair few grows with them.

I think there there own worst enemy from their bullshit quotes and marketing but that aside they are undoubtedly the least fucking about especially in hydro and if you doing a small grow or your first grow I defo recomend them if your buying gals then it's extortionate but I but base nutes in 500ml and rest in 250ml something last ages somethings get used quick but if your after ease and quality for personal smoke then go for it. On a small scale grow cost is negligible. If I was growing to sell then they would be my last choice except base nutes.

Base nutes are that good and work so well iv ended up feeding my guerilla grow with sensi base nutes poundland pk 13/14 house and garden root excelurator and superthrive. Outdoor pH is uncontrollable generally and they were doing terrible switched to sensi and in a week it was like a fucking miracle happened obviously due to pH been corrected.

I would consider other brands for indoor when I monitor them but outdoor and especially if you rarely visit and if you don't even need to add nutes I would still give them week sensi pH correction alone is a game changer. Trust me try it it corrects the acid rain they receive and if its shite soil or cheap compost I would do it from day 1. After 2 week outdoor I said never again in UK then a week with pH perfect nutes soon changed my mind.

I think green planet are awesome but an line is for eg 2ml per litre green planet are 20ml per litre so not as good value as it first seems but they more than perform but near pH perfect to me is no better than anything else near perfect is no good to anyone is it its either correct or not you defo need pH. Up and down and need to adjust very often from my experience.

Also bloombastic is shit hot but very strong a quarter dose is more than enough and although its expensive it really isn't at a quarter dose. If your after potency it's the dogs tits 2 days and very visible difference in trichs by eye not microscope. Would stop few days earlier than normal tho cos it. Does taint the taste of not. Bloombastic then overdrive is the way to go for trichs.

Sure many won't agree but that's my take on them.

Last edited:
Totally agree but I think they alter the taste for the better.

Nute brands are much like sugar brands.
They're all more or less the same.
Don't fall for the nute pushers' bloom boosters, elixirs, teas, etc.
If those things were really needed, they'd be in all brands of base nutes.

I agree mostly but I have seen atd tasted crops with and without and from what I have seen they more than pay for themselves e. G gp Massive seen a side beside wia and without a few times and a fair few oz extra and the massive was £19.99. 2g of decent bud is £20 where I live.

Not grown for a while and decided on advanced this time. Only done a few grows myself but I understand the science involved in growing and thought I could offer some sound advice. Here goes.

If you have even 8 plants in large pots advanced isn't the way to go way overpriced and I'm certain I could get better results for a quarter of the price. That is a fact but from what iv seen advanced don't deserve the bad rep of been shit there not shit there the best considering every aspect no. Doubt bout that . For example if I was at home 24/7 I would defo choose green planet nothing compares to there massive but I would probably still go with sensi grow and bloom as I think there very reasonably priced it's the rest that's overpriced. For a small grow advanced tops the lot a small stealth grow has many downsides e.g temps/humidity etc there's enough to deal with without worrying about nutes. If your away for any length of time I would defo go advanced I had gp in a rez and pH was Eratic to say the lest and after setting pH correct it lasted a few hours. Advanced hold steady for quite a bit longer than advertised. This is the reason and the only reason there worth the price. If your busy and on a good salery then the extra cost more than pays for the lack off fucking about and although iv never seen anyone quote this point a stable pH alone is worth it to me.

Also they get a rep for burning plants but I'm growing the fastest growing autos I could find and there on full dose now and loving it. Was scared to feed full dose but glad I did. From my experience these seem massively underdosed if anything and I know I could buy one bottle which would do what the 5 bottles of supplememts from advanced do and probably yield more.

My point is as follows

Advanced are way overpriced although there base nutes are very reasonable

They seem way underdosed which goes against everything iv heard but we all know how often they change things and this is the coco line so maybe different in other ranges.

I agree with there nutrient calculator the best the plants have been is on full dose although with autos I would start on a quarter dose week one half dose week 2 3/4 week 3 then when switching to bloom full dose from day 1 or your starving them of N. If you decide lower in bloom use cal mag.

I think there maine problem is there website oozes bullshit and sound like a child bigging something up and talking shitn even when there truthful they sound like their talking pure ass.

I would rather not buy nutes from a known sex offender.

If its your first grow use advanced its a no brainer from what iv seen its hard to fuck it up with them.

If your leaving a hydro grow unattended defo go advanced again its a no braimer.

You can defo do way better way cheaper but if your time is precious and you want quality advanced is the way to go the outcome is awesome.

If you have time on your hands run sensi line base with voodoo juice bud candy bud blood not bud ignitor its shite b 52. House and garden root excelurator silver bottle if possible gp Massive and gp finisher and you will be speechless. Huge yield but advanced smash it on taste. So there's no perfect nutrients there's options to suite what your after.

I keep seeing people stating bud candy is mollases and sugar. If your that clueless you really didn't ought to be advising people! Not getting Into it but no better way of stating your clueless than commenting repeating it cos you seen it stated by someome else. Utter bullshit.

Depends on your situation but I'm sticking with advanced as my grow is so small it's not that expensive.

I decide to write this cos everything iv heard couldn't be any further from what I and all my friends have experienced.

That's is a honest review after seeing a fair few grows with them.

I think there there own worst enemy from their bullshit quotes and marketing but that aside they are undoubtedly the least fucking about especially in hydro and if you doing a small grow or your first grow I defo recomend them if your buying gals then it's extortionate but I but base nutes in 500ml and rest in 250ml something last ages somethings get used quick but if your after ease and quality for personal smoke then go for it. On a small scale grow cost is negligible. If I was growing to sell then they would be my last choice except base nutes.

Base nutes are that good and work so well iv ended up feeding my guerilla grow with sensi base nutes poundland pk 13/14 house and garden root excelurator and superthrive. Outdoor pH is uncontrollable generally and they were doing terrible switched to sensi and in a week it was like a fucking miracle happened obviously due to pH been corrected.

I would consider other brands for indoor when I monitor them but outdoor and especially if you rarely visit and if you don't even need to add nutes I would still give them week sensi pH correction alone is a game changer. Trust me try it it corrects the acid rain they receive and if its shite soil or cheap compost I would do it from day 1. After 2 week outdoor I said never again in UK then a week with pH perfect nutes soon changed my mind.

I think green planet are awesome but an line is for eg 2ml per litre green planet are 20ml per litre so not as good value as it first seems but they more than perform but near pH perfect to me is no better than anything else near perfect is no good to anyone is it its either correct or not you defo need pH. Up and down and need to adjust very often from my experience.

Also bloombastic is shit hot but very strong a quarter dose is more than enough and although its expensive it really isn't at a quarter dose. If your after potency it's the dogs tits 2 days and very visible difference in trichs by eye not microscope. Would stop few days earlier than normal tho cos it. Does taint the taste of not. Bloombastic then overdrive is the way to go for trichs.

Sure many won't agree but that's my take on them.

Hey buddy, I’d love to pick your brain regarding AN. I’m on my 3rd plant using AN and they continue to start to burn as soon as they get to week 4 or 5 (pre flower and flowering phase.). Not sure why. I’m at a 1/4 dose. Not sure if this is the right thread for this. But let me know and I can send to some detailed info regarding my set up and feeding schdueld etc. I’ve seen with my own 2 eyes what these nutrients can do and the quality yields and flavors they produce. So I’m sure I’m doing something wrong. I just need some guidance.
Thanks

Hey indone I use advances n I am kinda having that prob too but not burn as much as leaf clawing n I noticed it around week 4-5 does anyone have a remedy I kno it’s niteogen tox but I’m not 100% on what to do I’ve flushed and it’s starting to look better after a week but any advice would help!

I'm using AN for about a year, and I love it..No ph lock and other problems I usually got, I ditched ph pen forever..And all that US morally crap about not supporting sex offenders and s*its???GTFO
They bAse nutes arent so much expensive plus if you are using pre fert soil like me plus autos I have 0.5l bottles for 2 or even 3 grows.. And I use hobbist line..

My mix will be as follows:

35% Biobizz light-mix
35% Coco
20% Perlite
10% Vermiculite

Grow bags will get their bottom filled with clay pebbles, just like on top to not dry the mix from the top so easily. Plants will get top fed for a little while, then given a few days draught so they hurry their ass up and get their roots down to the Garland trays where they will be fed and watered from, with the occasional top feeding when they've behaved nicely.

I will go pretty much 12\12 from seed, so no need for lots of veg nutes, 1\4th strength for the first week or so after flip perhaps.

This is my nute lineup:

AN ph-perfect grow (tiny bottle, don't need much)
AN ph-perfect bloom
AN ph-perfect micro
(the ones with the gorilla on the front, not the sensi with two parts, what is the difference really?)

My question is, since my medium is so light and heavier on coco and perlite than actual soil, and the soil being light-mix, should I have some other additives?

Cal\Mag?
Root boosters?

And if anyone wonders why I don't use heavier soil or compost mixed in it is because I like to control the nutes 100% so I can push the limit for how high I can go, the medium is just that - the medium, not the nutes. Also the fact that I don't veg and go straight from cocoa starters to their final pot makes me want to have a neutral soil, neither geared towards veg or bloom.

AN of course got shitloads of additives in their feeding schedule, like any wise business man would do. But using the PH perfect range with Micro added, has anyone actually seen real results from more and different additives?

Back