Outdoor Moby Denise (dick)

Reaction score
Hello everyone

Im not going to make this a true grow journal but I still want to share my first auto grow. I was reading a thread about finding beans on ebay and I just couldn’t resist the urge to try this for myself. I didnt buy the cheapest or the most expensive offerings that were available. I just went for the one that sounded best to me and 6 days later 10 supposedly fem auto moby dick seeds appeared in my mailbox. I immediately soaked one and then placed her in a wet paper towel and like magic 2 days later she had sprouted a 1” tail. Needless to say I was very impressed. I then put her tail down in some pretty basic organic potting soil and 2 days later she spread her little cotyledons and said hello to the world. Then she sat there for 8 days and did nearly nothing, just barely popping out a couple of true leaves. I gave her plain water and plenty of sun and she didnt care. On day 9 I fed her a bit of goat and chicken poop tea to see if she was hungry and bam she grew 1/2” that day. I have since then fed her 3 more times and she has responded quite nicely. I have never grown organically as I believe in the marvels of modern science but I think I’m going to keep this one as organic as possible just to see where it will go. Now my biggest dilemma is whether or not I should pinch her little head off. It is so tempting! I’m just worried that she will not respond well after she had such a slow start. Anyways this is Denise today, looking much better and maybe ready for surgery and various forms of torture.
Let me know what you think.
00ea2f529c813803bd4f41ec94e551ca.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hello everyone

Im not going to make this a true grow journal but I still want to share my first auto grow. I was reading a thread about finding beans on ebay and I just couldn’t resist the urge to try this for myself. I didnt buy the cheapest or the most expensive offerings that were available. I just went for the one that sounded best to me and 6 days later 10 supposedly fem auto moby dick seeds appeared in my mailbox. I immediately soaked one and then placed her in a wet paper towel and like magic 2 days later she had sprouted a 1” tail. Needless to say I was very impressed. I then put her tail down in some pretty basic organic potting soil and 2 days later she spread her little cotyledons and said hello to the world. Then she sat there for 8 days and did nearly nothing, just barely popping out a couple of true leaves. I gave her plain water and plenty of sun and she didnt care. On day 9 I fed her a bit of goat and chicken poop tea to see if she was hungry and bam she grew 1/2” that day. I have since then fed her 3 more times and she has responded quite nicely. I have never grown organically as I believe in the marvels of modern science but I think I’m going to keep this one as organic as possible just to see where it will go. Now my biggest dilemma is whether or not I should pinch her little head off. It is so tempting! I’m just worried that she will not respond well after she had such a slow start. Anyways this is Denise today, looking much better and maybe ready for surgery and various forms of torture.
Let me know what you think.
00ea2f529c813803bd4f41ec94e551ca.jpg

Id let it go all natty...what strain is it...and breeder

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

Since you are new at this, i would just focus on growing her out naturally. Some light LSt might be a bit more suited for your first outdoor auto grow until you get to know your climate and how well it will grow plants.

Id let it go all natty...what strain is it...and breeder

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

She is supposed to be a Moby Dick. I ordered the seeds from ebay just to see if it was legit so I dont know her heritage or even if it is a feminized auto plant.

Since you are new at this, i would just focus on growing her out naturally. Some light LSt might be a bit more suited for your first outdoor auto grow until you get to know your climate and how well it will grow plants.

I am sure you are right. This is my first auto. Humidity is the biggest concern for me, it is normally 80-100 % humidity here in the summer months so bud rot is going to be a problem. This is why I only germed 1 seed. Photos perform well as they finish up in the fall when humidity is much lower. Maybe I will just bend her over a bit and see how she likes it.

Let the torture begin! I installed a rack in her pot to bend her over and stretch her out, I hope she takes it well. I might have gotten a little over ambitious with the length but I want to see how far I can take her.
743bd5c6f115be25d710231d9eca53a7.jpg
189349201b76ff770fc32c75f997bded.jpg
b85d52eee05d17df8866431779ca2748.jpg

I'd say be careful I've gotten mold from leaving leaves in my pot and my humidity is much lower than yours

I'd say be careful I've gotten mold from leaving leaves in my pot and my humidity is much lower than yours

I will have to keep my eye on that. The leaves help to keep the pot from drying out too fast. Once I transplant her into the ground the leaves will go away.

My poor little girl hasn’t made much progress since I bent her over, but it has been very cloudy and has rained every day since, maybe an hour or 2 of full sun at the most each day. I removed the leaves from the pot because maintaining moisture in the pot hasnt been an issue. I feed her a cup of well composted chicken and goat poop tea every other day so she has something to eat. If she doesn’t improve soon I will give her some bottled nutes to see if that will help.
d4f3ca7d9a30ccff588b8b5993c1a10f.jpg
ba3738f93ab80d210b7a45dc7744d586.jpg

Back