Mephisto Genetics Mephisto Magic - Dyno's secret garden

Reaction score
***Skip the first post with the text if you wanna just see some autos!***

Hey all, I've been growing some mephisto autos for about 2 months now, they're my first autoflowers since about 2012/13. Back then I had heard about these mephisto genetics but they were not very attainable, and I had some lackluster experience with autos at that time.
I had a number of white label auto fem seeds that were pretty mediocre, they would grow buds, but they didn't have much smell or potency. They did grow fast I guess, but it seemed silly to put resources to it just for the sake of it being fast.
I had a couple dinafem seeds that I had read great things about, but while they grew decent enough plants, they were small and left a lot to be desired. I would grow them here and there to make better use of my space at the time, but they always disappointed at the time. My setup wasn't too of the line, and I admittedly was trying to grow them just like photos, so I assume they could have been a bit better with more ideal conditions.

Fast forward, I finally have the opportunity to buy some mephisto seeds in 2021 or 2022, and grabbed a nice bunch which intrigued me, but alas I had life throw a curveball at me, and had to relocate. During the relocation I suffered some unfortunate injuries that kept me out of the garden for a while, but I've finally been able to start getting back to my life as time goes on and things heal.

I've learned alot in this time, and it's been a true lesson in patience, and appreciation. The world is always so busy and "go go go!" That it's easy to get caught up in it, and forget to take time to enjoy life, and really live it.

With the new year came a new outlook on things, and I have been able to start a garden and get a small tent going again.
I'm using a 28"×28"×60" mars tent, a 240w 3000k+660nm+UV kingbrite but it is dimmed a bit, and have a 6inch fan and filter for exhaust, passive but filtered intake and a 40" tower fan along with 3 clip fans in there to keep air circulation high as the tent is jammed.

I made a mistake and I started like 24 or 25 beans because I am silly and decided I waited too long to not start so many! 🤦😂
I gave a few away, and moved a few outside, I always intended a bunch to go out but I wasn't really thinking when I made the decision. Only legally able to grow 4 so I have "4" outside. There are a couple with 2 in the pot but growing to look like one.

In the tent I kept 7 (yes 7 in a fricking 2×2 basically hahah) 3 are in 5gal fabric pots, and 4 are in these little 1.5 or 2gal plastic pots. There's not enough room for them all, and there are 2 that are basically just living under the canopy because I wanted the light more on the bigger plants. I don't think I'll go with this strategy in the future lol.

The plants in the tent are :
GWK×RB
CDLC×Forumb×Forum
Grape Crinkle
Double Grape
Sundae Thumper
Sour Stomper
'El Chemi Kiwi

Outside I have
Double Grape
Mephisto's Wedding
Forum×TD
CDLC
3Bog
Sam×3bog
Grappa×2
AvT

Many of the outdoor plants are basically just going to be tiny and meh, they've been kept in a corner hidden from light and the crappy weather we've had, but the CDLC, sam×3bog, DG and MW will all be pretty nice

Grow has been pretty easy going, the plants kept growing into the light, so some of the leaves up top got a little crispy but it hasn't bothered the ladies much.

There were about 3-4 balls on the gwk×rb on the main stem, probably stress sacs from too much light. They never came back and I don't think they were even going to produce pollen.

Ah my image hosting didn't work, will have to get them up later today 😅

This is the grape Crinkle at day 55, starting to get some nice unique funkiness to her now

1000011162.jpg

This is the GWK×RB at day 62, got some crispy leaves from my light but she hasn't seemed to mind much
1000011163.jpg

CDLC×forumb×forum
1000011164.jpg

The cdlc×forumb×forum is starting to get such a unbelievably beautiful aroma. It has started to get some serious grape and berry tones, almost making my fingers smell like a berry toaster strudel filling when I touch them. I was excited for this plant before, but the last couple days have me so stoked for this lady.
The growth on this plant is incredible, branches on branches on branches, that have all turned into massive colas with mini colas coming off the bottom, just unreal. Here is a shot from the top, but will have to get more pics since she is a marvel.

Like most of the plants in here, she got taller, much faster than I expected and I wasn't able to keep up leading to a few leaves getting scorched on them, but I was able to get everything fairly even to have a pretty consistent DLI across the canopy of about 50-55 -/+5
1000011165.jpg

I can't say enough great things about the seeds I got from mephisto genetics, they have blown my mind and I haven't even tried the bud yet!
These plants are on par with many of the photos I've grown with their stickiness and frost covered-ness (lol) and abundance of unique and lovely aromas.

The plants have grown very nicely, the branching on them all is nothing short of amazing. I did minor lst on the gwk×rb and topped the cdlc×forumb×forum, but let the crinkle grow mostly natural until she got too tall and I had to super crop her down since her top was getting a little light damaged.

I'm running 24/0 and have been keeping temps pretty stable around 74-78f it's a bit lower than I'd like, but I'm growing in a basement so it is what it is. Have "insulated" the tent with some blankets and towels which helped get me into the 70s at least

The grape Crinkle has gone super fast so it may finish before the others but hard to say, they're all filling out nice right now, so may be in the next 2 weeks, or maybe a little longer. I've long ran out of my last harvest from over 2 years ago, but I was able to find some nice bud at the store surprisingly so I'm good at least. I'm eager to try them out because of how dank they are, but I've waited years to try these already so what's a few weeks?

I post under the username dynospec on some other forums, in case someone sees the pics elsewhere.

Happy growing! I'll get some pics of the earlier parts of the grow up if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• 1000011159.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Back