Mephisto Genetics Mephisto Grower of the Year 2019

don't think I could keep the seeds hot enough all the time . Gonna use a mat next time .
Gotcha! You can also just leave them on top of something that gets warm, like a refrigerator, or cable box, and save yourself $25. Im sure that little lady is ready to do battle though!

Interesting choices ..... I’ve got a strawberry nug and 3 bears planted too but Ms Nugs has not popped yet - maybe do another nug if she doesn’t pop before deadline

I have one of each above ground as of today. Pretty excited to see how the strawberry turns out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have one of each above ground as of today. Pretty excited to see how the strawberry turns out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Think you’ll like the Strawberry Nugs ..... She is a shorter variety that kinda bushes out naturally ..... Mephisto has the width darn near same as height ..... I have one trained - did not cut or top and have 11-12 colas but unfortunately I believe I burnt the girl with my light (still learning light - height etc) but I did enjoy training her ...... I had three Nugs total in different size pots and the one in a three gallon looked completely different than her bigger and small sisters - so when they talk about different pheno types or whatever I can say I witnessed it .....

don't think I could keep the seeds hot enough all the time . Gonna use a mat next time .

I find the mat along with the controller very useful for seeds, seedlings and even plants themselves, if needed, you can also do other things like warm your water - so it’s not just for seeds but if you get the mat you’ll need the controller as well, just getting mat even if it has a thermostat is not what you need - you’ll need controller with probe to put into water or soil and get same temp as seed or roots are getting ..... with controller you’ll know exactly the temp

AF7630AD-2E55-438C-B59A-54855DC4CAE0.jpeg

I usually pop mine on top of the water heater. I never have trouble until I put the sprouts into the dirt. Once it's all on me, then I start fucking things up all on my own.

I hear that Brother, on my water heater the darn thing is so insulated the temp on top is barely room temp and it’s in the basement .... here in rural America we have electric but no natural gas .... my fridge, another option has an enclosure around it with a stupid cabinet door deal, so no area there (wife’s idea) ..... my best choice is a controller and heat mat .... I even have a 2x4 mat inside tent which helps bring up concrete floor temp, again in basement, to 70-72 degrees!

Here’s my replant of Strawberry Nugs ..... dug around in the dirt and couldn’t find seed so I put a new seed in vacant space .... who knows I may get a double! Butter Crunch Lettuce seems happy thus far too - I have two different soil types I’m testing with the lettuce- they will be happy when they get out of the tent, hope they can handle 80 degrees, will see.

DA034FAF-8BEB-4DA3-9080-12A9446008DA.jpeg

I noted the temp Inside the Tent dropped from 79-80 to 69 degrees while I planted SN seed ..... tent is located in a cold basement and this wicked cold front is playing havoc with room temp, makes me wonder if using an HPS in winter and use LED or COB in warmer months wouldn’t be a better option than LED year round but that’s another subject not pertaining to this battle.

Best of Grows to ALL

Last edited:
Well, here is my Orange Diesel day 5 or so.

View attachment 1008157

What size container are you using? I like the shorter / fatter design? If soil, how does it drain or is it a bottom feeder? Hydro? Silly me as I’ve always had my hands in dirt outside and I’m learning it’s diffent inside and anywyas I’m curious if you don’t mind sharing. Thanks Brother, thanks!

Back