Outdoor Meet the NEW neighbours... a UK tale of woes...

KapScot

Just Say No... well ok then if I must
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
. . . I'm on rations of Forum Stomper till next harvest.
Not sure if was the right channel to post but since most of my other posts are in this thread...

An Essay on City Centre Growing... PT 1

Outdoor city centre garden growing had to end sometime didn't it? - Well not quite but... I have posted elsewhere this year in the outdoors growing section but all good things as they say...

I live in a flat (apartment) - one of 8 that share what we call a communal stairway and garden. I am the gardener (been doing it for 20+ years) so apart from someone occasionally hanging up washing or one retired couple who sit at the table on a sunny afternoon nobody else uses the garden, lifts a trowel, sweeps a leaf, prunes a branch or plucks a weed. I'd almost begun to think of the space as mine.

Out of the 8 flats I have spoken to 4 about er.. my herbal growing, and the others don't count (vacant / elderly or don't use garden so no need to know). No objections from anyone as long as it was discreet, with plants scattered around the back
of flowerbeds among flowers and other plants, or in the coldframe (a lean-to structure capable of housing 3-4 Auto's).

Cool, I was smiling and got most of a 10 plant grow this year thanks to new millennium genetics and well hello the Auto Fem's - out you go girls :D

Even here in Scotland these can be grown from start to finish outdoors. Actually it's still a shit-fight with the weather (especially since we had a very cold wet start to the year) but it can be done.

I've had a few good years growing, the first was the confidence booster just a few Lowryders, which yielded poorly but did finish nicely. Since then I've been trying out a few different varieties trying different crosses, mostly Lowryder#2 x (?) genetics which seem to suit this northern latitude while adding a bit of bulk and strength over the original LR and LR#2 strains - along with Auto'd Northern Lights and few other classics like Auto Frisian Dew.

So here I am, in the garden, meeting the new neighbours, who have just bought the basement flat that was up for sale. And they are showing a keen interest in the garden and if there are any places they can plant stuff...and then she takes me aside and sais 'so is that your weed'.

Ok, here we go...

No point denying it - I've always said I'm happy to have my day in court arguing prescribed opiates v cannabis so hey ho - I don't give a f**k if I get busted growing weed in the garden, but you gotto keep the neighbours happy.

She seems fine, an x-toker (I guess student youth) - but not happy with the fact that I have my babies in the coldframe between two of their windows (not visible from either - but I bet this years Diesel Ryders would have given a very pleasant dank aroma if you had your bedroom window open at night lol - (thank god they're harvested now). Personally I'd pay for getting Ode-da-Canna on a warm breeze thru the bedroom window in summer but whatever...

To be fair, technically, the small stip of concrete at the back of the path where my cold frame is appears on their deeds (so is technically on their property) but since no-one used it in 20 years except me I have kind of moved in and used and maintained it, but when dealing with old Victorian 'deeds of title' and communal areas there's all sorts of strange things appear. Like, I can keep a pig (only one), but yer I can keep a pig in the garden but can't grow pot (go figure) - perhaps I will get a pig and only 'harvest' it when the lawn is well tilled and manured unless you all let me grow weed... oink oink sounds all thru the night outside your window and the smell of dank pig when it rains.... I digress.

They are apparently ok about me growing from an ethical point of view (what a woolly term) - but because it's illegal here... (hypocrites) and (her) parents are a bit strict and had noticed them. FFfff they goto go.....

I guess their parents are pulling the strings here cause I very much doubt having rented for years they are buying a £275k property without parental assistance (but that's just my opinion).

So having the verbal removal order rather than the police seems like the easier option for now - all I need to do is work on (her) parents and make them realise i'm not a mad druggie - in fact my prescribed opiates make me more like that.

As a consolation I have negotiated a small (due to sun/shade) space that I can use in the garden next year - but not the main (more visible) sunny spots like where my fookin' coldframe is (ssshhh don't tell them I will still need the coldframe for a few weeks for hardening off), and should consider that a 'result' in that I'm not being arrested and can still grow about 3-5 plants albeit without the assistance of the greenhouse effect, bit of a bummer that tho.

So the last of my Mighty Midgets get the chop (they were just starting to yellow on the fan leaves tho I would have liked
to leave them a couple of weeks). And chop go the last of the Diesels.

So all I can do for the remainder of this year is to persuade 'her who must be obeyed' aka my partner, to let me take in the
remaining three plants inside to finish indoors this year - thank god (touch wood) the Purple Ryders aren't a stinky variety. I will sneak one at a time up so she acclimatises to the smell.

Disaster Area* (TM)... And so much for them 'not stinking too much bit in the seed guide' ha ha

Took two plants upstairs and within 24 hours the whole communal stairway is honking of flowering weed - back out to the
garden they go and the other more mature get the chop (alas a few weeks prematurely too).

-------

*Disaster Area (TM)

A plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, they are generally held to be not only the smelliest rock band in the
Galaxy, but in fact the smelliest of any kind at all. Regular concert goers judge that the best nasal balance is usually to
be sniffed from within large concrete bunkers some thirty-seven miles from the wife, while the growers themselves play with
their pots by remote control from within a heavily insulated spaceship which stays in orbit around the planet – or more
frequently around a completely different planet.

Apologies to DA for adulterating HHG.

An Essay on City Centre Growing... PT 2

Well I could have happily lamented the demise of a good growspace if I hadn't just ordered next years seeds. Call me the
eager beaver (I still had three of this years to harvest at this point) - but I had some spare cash and was thinking ahead, or was that tempting fate?.

So the day I get my seeds delivered I discover my garden grow ain't gonna happen again. You have no idea of the expletives
I used that day. In fact I didn't even open the delivery package till the evening... I knew what to expect and knew I had a
few extras tucked in there because, adding insult to injury, due to an inability to supply as ordered, some Mephisto seeds
my supplier gave me a whole load of freebies (all Autos) hmmm I was even thinking about building a bigger coldframe/lean-to
greenhouse for next year especially as I was going to try a spread of various Mephisto's backed up by my usual Ryder x's. I
was guessing for the Mephisto's to go under glass and the Ryders x's fully outside.

So sitting in among the usual garden flower seed packets are :

1 x Mephisto Toof Decay
1 x Mephisto Sour Hound
4 x Sweet Seeds Dark Devil Auto (Big Devil XL x Unknown Purple Kush) << I was going to try the Mephisto Dark Blue) but it
went out-of-stock as I ordered so this was my replacement.
3 x BlimBurn Northern Automatic (Lowryder#2 x Northern Lights)*

That was to be my 2016 growplan with a few Diesel Ryders to pad up to 10 plants for any failed germinations or early
accidents.

But then these also came as gratis seeds as an apology for not being able to supply the other Mephisto's :

3 x Seedsman Chronic Ryder (Chronic x Lowryder#2)*
3 x World of Seeds Pakistan Ryder (Unknown Kush x (Lowryder?/Unknown Ruderalis?)*
3 x Auto Frisian Dew

* I guess my seed supplier knows I like the Ryder x crosses (who sais they don't store your Order History ha ha).

But now I've got nowhere to fuckin grow them all!

Time to repair the bike and go looking for some guerilla sites I think, but living in a city centre that's a hell of a hike
for transporting soil/plants and plant check-ups etc. especially given our climates proclavity for bud-rot. I'm gonna have
to put my thinking cap on here and find a few new sites cause I'm not gonna stop growing now. Hell, I was still
expanding... how many Scottish Outdoor Auto's do I need for a whole years bud supply.... the answer too many...

Anyone got a few thousand euro's so I can move to Spain? - will post you free weed :D

She only doesn't want you growing outside her window for fear it exposes the massive indoor grow she's got going. Def info

Oh no , I feel for you mate , I would not be happy , You could always move out of town . :thumbsup:

Back