New Grower Medimadness’ rotating garden of lunacy.

i only gave my first a name,its easier to do the deed if its just an it :deadhorse: real nice growing :greenthumb:ive learnt nothing,but gained a bit of experience :paleo:nice lst work :thumbsup: not a bumper harvest,but id take half o of homegrown over an o of street gak anyday :smokeit: rotating garden ticking over nicely :pass:and keeping you in steady supply :coffee:comming along leaps and bounds :d5:
keep er lit
:pighug:

Cheers man :) exactly right there mate, yeilds arent particuarly big but it seems of consistent high quality, which is the important thing. Since the low-mids hit so hard i figure the top bud will be real top shelf after a nice long cure

Tilda's looking great man, how's she smelling?

Like other blueberries I've seen' under 26c she doesnt give much off at all unless you rattle the canopy which releases the full on blueberry sweet but zesty fruit with that Afghan heritage hashy/earthy vibe that seems unique to these type of indicas

On the other hand, if temps reach 28c you get a huge hit of what can only be described as fruity chicken shit. Similar to when you just laid some fert onto a bed of Jazmin climbers.
I'm a bit dissatisfied with her height but since she weighs the same as a whole plant as what Val did in such small stature I can only hope that her bud will reflect this. Honestly she couldn't be responding much more differently to Val unless she was a different strain

Critical cheese Mids and lows are in the jar as they only tool 3 days to dry to an amount I'm comfortable with to allow for an effective jar cure. Got a whole curing jar full (In the sense a curing jar needs some space for air) of very nice Mids and lows that are of equal potency to top bud due to the training but not quite as dense likely due to my mistake of defol a little late in flower. is a non issue as its part of the curve.
IMG_20190108_134656.jpg
IMG_20190108_134651.jpg

Top bud will need another 36-72 hrs before they will be ready to cure

:worship:looks like some fine, frosty smoke, mids or not. Looking forward to seeing the dry tops.

From what i’ve sampled so far it’s knocked me sideways!
Decided to give some of the bigger buds another 12 hrs drying on a rack instead as humidity in the jar was a little high (not measuring humidity yet, just intuition. haven’t had the mini hygrometers come) before putting it back in the jar.

Id rather not over-dry my less dense nugz and stop them from curing properly.
it seemed like hang-drying in a central heated house was drying the outsides too much but leaving moisture in the stems but is working perfectly for the tops. :vibe:
Can’t wait till it’s smokeable:smokeit:

I
From what i’ve sampled so far it’s knocked me sideways!
Decided to give some of the bigger buds another 12 hrs drying on a rack instead as humidity in the jar was a little high (not measuring humidity yet, just intuition. haven’t had the mini hygrometers come) before putting it back in the jar.

Id rather not over-dry my less dense nugz and stop them from curing properly.
it seemed like hang-drying in a central heated house was drying the outsides too much but leaving moisture in the stems but is working perfectly for the tops. :vibe:
Can’t wait till it’s smokeable:smokeit:

You just do a straight forward hang dry too? I've always done the same but am thinking about trying the paper bag method this time.

What's your curing method?

I'm always so scared of jarring them up too wet but find that the best time for the bigger buds is when they're almost too dry on the outside and seem a little moist on the inside. Jarring obviously disperses the moisture throughout the bud and then when i burp them during the first week i empty them out onto newspaper for about an hour or so each evening before jarring them back up. After doing that for a week I continue burping daily for another week fo about 30-60 mins without removing the buds, just shaking them up a little and leaving the jars on their sides. After that I do the same but only every couple of days. After that I just leave them shut with boveda packs in there and keep an eye on the humidity.

Totally smokable after the first stage but primo smoke after a month's cure.

I

You just do a straight forward hang dry too? I've always done the same but am thinking about trying the paper bag method this time.

What's your curing method?

I'm always so scared of jarring them up too wet but find that the best time for the bigger buds is when they're almost too dry on the outside and seem a little moist on the inside. Jarring obviously disperses the moisture throughout the bud and then when i burp them during the first week i empty them out onto newspaper for about an hour or so each evening before jarring them back up. After doing that for a week I continue burping daily for another week fo about 30-60 mins without removing the buds, just shaking them up a little and leaving the jars on their sides. After that I do the same but only every couple of days. After that I just leave them shut with boveda packs in there and keep an eye on the humidity.

Totally smokable after the first stage but primo smoke after a month's cure.

Our methods are pretty similar tbf, though instead of letting sit on newspaper I use a big paper bag and I might only do that once if they really need it, otherwise with the wispier stuff/ overly dense buds that don't dry so easily I would just get them in the jar at the stage where there's still like at least 25% moisture and then burp daily for two weeks whilst mixing the buds up (I tend to just take them out of the jar as a couple big lumps and pack it back in putting the buds from the top to the bottom just to ensure that the moisture keeps spreading nicely.

luckily with this stuff now I've got it where it just needs burping Im pretty certain, but fingers crossed.
All I can say it that cheesy smell is beautifully strong but complex and you can smell it getting stronger by the minute inside the jar :crying:

buds in the jar!

since this is my first proper harvest I will be foregoing the weights this time round, simply because it looks like over an ounce which was all I set my self as a target the first go round!
IMG_20190109_132016.jpg
IMG_20190109_131956.jpg

Back