Lighting MedGrower does AutoUltimate (ms006/HS1/DWC)

MedGrower

That hydrodude again
Reaction score
Hello all!

I started growing 2x DP's AutoUltimates now under one MS006 -led. Once my Mazar -grow is finished I take one HS1 from there and add it to boost this one. Today is day 1 from the young ones getting rid of their seed cover and opening up their little leafettes.

Grow space:

60cm x 120cm x 200cm (DxWxH) = 0,72 m2

Lights:

ms006 for vegetative grow (old leds, no rebels)
ms006 & 1x HS1 for generative grow

Lightcycle: 20 / 4 ....or just 420 :biggrin: :)

Reservoir:
Old GHE aeroponic system tank modified to be just DWC tank. I use 2" trays and 600 lpm airpump with 4 airstones on this one.

Nutrient line-up:
Canna Aqua Vega & Flores
Canna Rhizotonic (root stimulator)
Canna Cannazyme
Canna PK13/14
Canna Boost
HydroGarden Essentials Silicon+
General Hydroponics Diamond Nectar
Canna Mono Calsium
Canna Mono Magnesium

Air movement:
Carbon filter and exaust fan
Oscillating fan

21 litres water startup:
10 ml Aqua Vega
60 ml Canna Rhizotonic

EC 0.5
pH 6.2
RH 50

PICTURES:

Growspace overview:

IMG_1614.JPG

DWC reservoir lid fitted for early LST:

IMG_1615.JPG

Close up on the young baby:
IMG_1616.JPG

Last edited:
Hi MedGrower
Great choice of strains and a lovely set up, im subbed for this adventure.
Did you know that CANNA Aqua already have silicon in it so there is no need to have an extra bottle of the stuff.

Hi MedGrower
Great choice of strains and a lovely set up, im subbed for this adventure.
Did you know that CANNA Aqua already have silicon in it so there is no need to have an extra bottle of the stuff.

Thanks Grim! Lovely to have your expertize around! Yeah I know that but since I do not use it in its "max strength" I think there will be no optimal levels of silicone without adding some extra. I used to not add and I see there IS a beneficial difference in my case anyway.

Thanks Grim! Lovely to have your expertize around! Yeah I know that but since I do not use it in its "max strength" I think there will be no optimal levels of silicone without adding some extra. I used to not add and I see there IS a beneficial difference in my case anyway.
Hi Medgrower
Of course you are right i don't know what i was thinking, sorry dude.

Hi Medgrower
Of course you are right i don't know what i was thinking, sorry dude.

No worries ever bro! I like your way of thinking and always appriciate any points and questions! Thats the only way forward and to improve.

In all honesty this my 2nd ever autogrow so my main motivation to do a growdiary is to learn from you guys and see how you think how I am doing this new thing I am learning. I have learned SO MUCH from you guys!

Last edited:
Oh, here comes another nice hydro grow :)
Totally nice setup and start. Just one question - why 20/4, not 18/6?
Hi Marimar
Its proven on the AFN that the more light you can give an Autoflower the bigger the yield.
Lots of folks including myself have done grows with 24-0 lighting and have had bigger harvest than before.
Sorry to hijack your thread Med-grower.

From Dutch Passions website:
"Autofem seeds can best be grown Indoors under a system of 20-hours light/4-hour darkness over a 10 week period."

I just ran with that because I trust DP and I just dont know any better.

It may be, i may lack knowledge about autos :) But when i grown my WW (still it's single auto for me) - i gave 18/6 in veg and 20/4 in flower :)
I have read in many places, that 6 hours of night in veg is just perfect for root development :) That is main thing, why this seems interesting question to me, as 2 hours = 2 hours of electricity also :)

Back