Lighting Mars 300 cob conversion!

Nice bro just make sure you keep the light quite high to start with because the cobs are so close together like mine i have to keep it 30+inch to start with because being close together the intensity of the light is insane

Nice bro just make sure you keep the light quite high to start with because the cobs are so close together like mine i have to keep it 30+inch to start with because being close together the intensity of the light is insane
That's what I'm going to have to see what happens, I may have to disconnect two cobs if it's too much, as I only have a Max height of 20", with a flowering plant, more like 14" from light to canopy, but they are going to only be 20w each

Ok, so next I used some rtv sealant between the heat sink and the light body just so it wouldn't slide around, but I would use high temp silicone next time.

IMAG0584.jpg

then I found some small brackets in my tool box and used the existing screws and holes from the corners where the light board was mounted, and secured the outside edges of the heat sinks, the middle is still loose, not affecting anything, I just didn't have anything to secure it, so I left it like that, I could use tape, I just don't want to lol.

IMAG0585.jpg

Then I drilled 4 more holes to neatly run wire, this step wasn't needed, I could just run wire around and through the gaps, I just wanted it neat. So I connected wire to the cobs, and ran them through the holes, and neatly behind the heat sinks.

IMAG0587.jpg

IMAG0586.jpg

I then bought some push in wire connectors, and clipped the plug wires from the mars board, and tapped them in with the new run wires, making sure to check polarities for each one.

IMAG0588.jpg

Then I just taped and tucked each side down and out of the way, and simply plugged in the drivers, re mounted the back of the case together, and plugged it in!

IMAG0589.jpg

IMAG0591.jpg

These are extremely bright! I'm running tests for the next week to make sure everything works safely before I leave it on for a grow, and checking temperatures as well. Thanks for checking my build out! Once again I hope it will be some help to someone else that wants to try it out!

Back