Indoor Maria's Strawberry Cake photo & Jackpot auto Battle plants (guerilla style)

Wondering whether or not to top them...

My present outdoor Safaris are 2 or 3 plants per pot / site.
Which makes them get a bit crowded and don't have much sideways space.

I think it may be better to just LST them sideways away from each other.
Then each pot / site will have two main tops from two plants.
Hopefully will give them enough sideways space.

Any thoughts?

Yesterday late afternoon had an unexpected opportunity to check the outdoor site.
I'm going for the same place as my present winter Mandala Safari F2 girls.
http://www.autoflower.org/threads/tropical-winter-guerilla-grow-ideas.62376/page-28

I've since discovered that my North orientation was a bit out.
So two of the Safari sites are a little too sheltered from sun in the morning.

Dug out three new holes at the site, and will re-use the hole from the early Safari girl already cut down.
The soil is not too bad, a little bit sandy as it's by the river side.
Some smaller rocks here and there, and a fair amount of roots from grass and creepers.

Have to first find a relatively clear area, start digging in, then work around to see where it's easily to dig.
The first two new holes are similar to the old ones, but have more sun access in the East / morning.
The third new hole is in an small area where the local gardeners had planted some old sweet potato.
It's already been worked a bit more, easier soil.
But those sweet potatoes haven't been worked for over a year, I'm guessing - basically wild.

I dig out about a couple of liters (no more than a gal), and throw a handful of chicken shit fert NPK 3-5-4 in.
Cover it up again, and leave it for a while, in case anything wants to dig it up (e.g. local wild dogs...)

Because I went in the late afternoon, it was still daylight.
Some people walk past, prob just think I'm a local urban gardener...

Still thinking about when to plant these young Heavyweight girls out into these holes.
Maybe this coming Monday I will have an opportunity. Let's see.

Maria can you give me an idea of where you live without being specific? Don't you think that with people walking past your garden could be discovered, stolen or whatever?

Wondering whether or not to top them...

My present outdoor Safaris are 2 or 3 plants per pot / site.
Which makes them get a bit crowded and don't have much sideways space.

I think it may be better to just LST them sideways away from each other.
Then each pot / site will have two main tops from two plants.
Hopefully will give them enough sideways space.

Any thoughts?
Yes definitely lst them level should give you more branching I guess you can supercrop them 90 degrees away from each other just above the 1st or second node should be good.
Yesterday late afternoon had an unexpected opportunity to check the outdoor site.
I'm going for the same place as my present winter Mandala Safari F2 girls.
http://www.autoflower.org/threads/tropical-winter-guerilla-grow-ideas.62376/page-28

I've since discovered that my North orientation was a bit out.
So two of the Safari sites are a little too sheltered from sun in the morning.

Dug out three new holes at the site, and will re-use the hole from the early Safari girl already cut down.
The soil is not too bad, a little bit sandy as it's by the river side.
Some smaller rocks here and there, and a fair amount of roots from grass and creepers.

Have to first find a relatively clear area, start digging in, then work around to see where it's easily to dig.
The first two new holes are similar to the old ones, but have more sun access in the East / morning.
The third new hole is in an small area where the local gardeners had planted some old sweet potato.
It's already been worked a bit more, easier soil.
But those sweet potatoes haven't been worked for over a year, I'm guessing - basically wild.

I dig out about a couple of liters (no more than a gal), and throw a handful of chicken shit fert NPK 3-5-4 in.
Cover it up again, and leave it for a while, in case anything wants to dig it up (e.g. local wild dogs...)

Because I went in the late afternoon, it was still daylight.
Some people walk past, prob just think I'm a local urban gardener...

Still thinking about when to plant these young Heavyweight girls out into these holes.
Maybe this coming Monday I will have an opportunity. Let's see.
Good you found out now and have a chance for more sun for the next girls going out. Here is a pic of my ww branching extremely vigorously.
54b25976d82053a12d8eb21fb906546c.jpg
4d2687fcec438eec95fe51205d0b72f8.jpg
not lst-ed
And a sour liver auto lst-ed and leaf tucked.
19dc15daca9d39a3c3715ae07566e55a.jpg
4f8598b3459e1030695f86459023d636.jpg

Sent from my SM-J710F using Tapatalk

Maria can you give me an idea of where you live without being specific? Don't you think that with people walking past your garden could be discovered, stolen or whatever?

I live in a large east Asian city that is at tropical / sub-tropical latitude.

The people walking past can't see it.
There is a large river (over 100' = 30m wide) running through the city. (One of many.)
On the banks of the river is a strip about 20' wide of larger trees.
Then, there is another strip about 50' wide of rushes and reeds.
It's in this area that some locals cut out private urban gardens and grows veges and fruit.
They leave a section of rushes / reeds all around them, so can't see inside.
Then in this place there is a strip of scrubby grass and small bushes about another 50' wide.
Then there's a path.
And then there's another wider area of about 300' which is open grass for walking / sports.

I'm kind of up in the cut out garden area, an open space of grass that may have been garden years ago.
There is a barrier of reeds and rushes between my plants and the people.

The plants are very small, I know exactly where they are but have to look for them.

Finally, from my past couple of grows here, most people don't know what these plants are!!
At another site, I've had grounds keepers move my 2' tall pre-flowering plants in pots out of the way to trim weeds.
And then they put the pots straight back where they originally were.

There's so much lush green vegetation around here, and so many people grows pots of this and that everywhere.

It's all good, buddy. Thanks for your concern!

Yes definitely lst them level should give you more branching I guess you can supercrop them 90 degrees away from each other just above the 1st or second node should be good. Good you found out now and have a chance for more sun for the next girls going out.

Thanks for the thoughts. They're going outside while still small.
It's hard to do any LST work once outside, because any string, wire or whatever will be a security problem.
I don't want them to look like they are cultivated plants....

Yes, I did think of super cropping -- just taking the two plants per pot and bending them out from each other.

After the Safari girls this winter -- they are so small!! -- I'm afraid of stunting them.
But... those winter Safaris had a much harder early life than these Heavyweight girls.
So, they should more like normal size, I'm hoping.
In which case, super cropping may be a good option. Maybe the best option.

I should put the two plants in a pot and orient it on an East-West axis, I guess.
Then bend them further East-West. One gets more in the morning, the other in the evening.
But they both get a nice side angle of the sun through midday.

Good idea!

Maybe I can think of a discrete and not obvious way to tie them down once they are outside....
Brown string? Pegged down with ... what???

Here is a pic of my ww branching extremely vigorously.
54b25976d82053a12d8eb21fb906546c.jpg
4d2687fcec438eec95fe51205d0b72f8.jpg
not lst-ed
And a sour liver auto lst-ed and leaf tucked.
19dc15daca9d39a3c3715ae07566e55a.jpg
4f8598b3459e1030695f86459023d636.jpg

Do you just put these in Don Skelly's indoor thread, too?
They look sweet!

You had another pic, big pot four plants? Are you going to train them out from the center, too?

Do you just put these in Don Skelly's indoor thread, too?
They look sweet!

You had another pic, big pot four plants? Are you going to train them out from the center, too?
Those are under 12/12 now so just train them outwards but I don't expect them to get too big

With stones can work

Oh, yeah. As in tie the string around the stone and the branch, and position the stone.
I like this!! Would give flexibility too.

Will have to source some regular brown string.

Those are under 12/12 now so just train them outwards but I don't expect them to get too big

Any little opening up can help, though.

Back