Grow Room Made a vent adapter for basement window

DeeDoubleYou

Drug War Veteran
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Lemoncello, Hippie Crippler, Glue Gelato
I didn’t like the idea of venting my tent into the basement, too many expensive utilities down there and I need fresh air. It’s gets quite dank on that side otherwise, hits you right in the face when you open the door. Pretty simple and inexpensive, I’ll post up some pictures of what I did just in case it will help somebody else. I had to make this adapter because the window only cracks open at the top, the pre-fab drier vents don’t work in my case.

The tools and material for the job. I used a scrap piece of MDF particle board I had laying around my shop. The 6” to 4” adapter, vent cover, and HVAC tape were purchased from Lowe’s for about $25 total. I cut the MDF to fit snug into the cement window frame of the foundation. I also traced the 4” opening in the center of the board towards the top then jigsawed out the hole.
oRb4YsU.jpg

Insert vent cover and secure with screws
rj9TTBz.jpg

Insert adapter from the other side. It fit snug but I sealed the edge with HVAC tape for good measure.
LtWAAmW.jpg

Finished product ready to install
TUoZgu8.jpg

Fits snug into the window opening, but not so snug it can’t be easily removed. HVAC taped the edges to seal out drafts. Vent is hooked up and works like a charm.
x2X7RpP.jpg

Plants are happy and so is my basement.
9fNkxsT.jpg

Still had enough daylight to take my dude for a walk
hBZEZgv.jpg

Productive Sunday I’d say! Enjoy!
VsY8f86.jpg

Cool build, cool dog!!
Hope you have a filter or live in a legal state. Wouldn't want a nosy neighbor call the popo on you :cheers:

Cool build, cool dog!!
Hope you have a filter or live in a legal state. Wouldn't want a nosy neighbor call the popo on you :cheers:
Yes completely legal, absolutely zero concern area it vents to. I’ll be upgrading to inline fan/filter in the near future once my other money pit is finished, my truck. Oh and thank you!

Back