Live Stoners long intro

Oldbie

Hippy-in-disguise
Reaction score
Hello to all. just discovered AFN and have had my enthusiasm fired up. it all seems real friendly and positive which is just what I like (no aggressive negativity for me thanks).
first an intro. Oldbie...because I am not a newbie. I've grown for personal use, on and off since 1979; many strains, many many many good times, with what I still consider to be a magical and medicinal plant; there's a deep spiritual connection there for me (child of the 60s and all that); just a deep shame I have to hide it like I am some kind of criminal!
Anyhooooo, to cut to the chase; I tried northern lights auto as well as ruderalis indica last year with very mixed results; NLA didn't reach anywhere near the promised size or yield but I am going to put that down to my own mistakes (yes I still make them after all these years; still so much to learn...I love it!). very keen to explore second generation autos now, with larger plants (still under 1 metre suits me). I was feeling tied to full blood indicas for speed and size, but am now totally turned on to the idea of latest autos which will give me the smaller and faster grow that I want (theres only so much on-going low-level stress I want in my life; respect to those of you who grow all year!) plus it means I am not fully restricted to heavy-hitting couch-lock, loss-of-personality, Indicas, which there is a time and place for, but not full time. I cant resist trying new strains but at the same time, cant resist, providing myself with some seeds, so its mainly regular seeds for me, or a mix of fem and regular if I can use a regular male to pollinate a fem and get a keeper. short stuff seeds seem attractive, but I cant decide; "onyx" perhaps, and "tha shiznit" (great name! fun, I don't care for all those negative names out there,it puts me off buying them); how would they cross I wonder? I crossed NLA with Ruderalis Indica and can confirm that the single progeny that I had volunteer in the depths of winter in some long forgotten and re-used potting-mix, grew with the stature of the particular NLA mother (shortest and fastest to flower), but not did not auto-flower like the mother. Ruderalis indica in my opinion is a bit outside the standard remit of an auto (I think its classed as a semi) in any case the females took forever to finish so I am not sure I want to continue down that road.
to finish (for now) I would love to get some recommendations on crossing reg seed autos and combo/cross recommendations would be much appreciated. hopefully, this is an active and secure forum, because I have been out in the cold for decades; some like-minds would be good to be in touch (figuratively speaking) with. its great that we have the likes of stitch dropping in with sage advice as well the inside track on various aspects. more please!
okay,okay, i am going.
enough from me.

Last edited:
Welcome to our forum Oldbie.I can't remember if you said you have grown autos yet but if not just let us no before you start your next grow and we will give a little advice on autos because they are different than photos in there various growing needs.In the mean time you may want to go through our forums to get some great info from our members.

Welcome and great intro. Take a look at the Mephisto line.. great genetics there. I look forward to seeing your grow journals.

Welcome to our forum Oldbie.I can't remember if you said you have grown autos yet but if not just let us no before you start your next grow and we will give a little advice on autos because they are different than photos in there various growing needs.In the mean time you may want to go through our forums to get some great info from our members.

I appreciate the welcome Namvet. yes just the Sensi Northern lights auto and also their ruderalis indica (which I kind of like but its more of a tranquilliser than a high; (medicinal) took way too long to finish flowering. as for the NLA; its fine; not blown away, but I am taking full responsibility for that. I downloaded the latest edition of Jorge's Indoor marijuana culture and was can see why it is referred to as the bible;
man what a work! very impressed! I thought I knew a fair bit from devouring my 1986 edition of Frank and Rosenthal's grow guide (over and over again), but having changed my set up last year I soon learned from Jorge that my 400 watt MH was being wasted in a vertical position with a completely inadequate reflector. Yep I can see from a preliminary scout around the forum that there's so much good info here already I could just read and read and read and get nothing done!; I got lost only 10 mins ago, just trying to find if anybody had replied.
looking to order some seeds real soon but don't really know where to go; I have dozens of photo crosses I could re-visit, but just cant resist something new and as mentioned I am fired up on the auto front. anyway here I am chatter-boxing again.
thanks for the welcome man; I plan to be a regular, so ill read ya soon brother.
must get me a profile picture; this green guy with the side parting and the cow-lick looks like....well, i`m sure I can get something more colourful.
over and out.

Hey my new oldie,

cheers for the intro. There is a ton of stuff that should entertain and educate you regards Autos and breeding here on the forum. Please help yourself and do keep in touch my friend.......eP.

Hey great to meet another long time grower!(well I only have 20+years exp) So your grows...are they done outdoors? I just started growing autos a few years ago and have had mixed results outdoors, seems they are a bit susceptible to cool weather. But the awesome variety allows us to grow out long flowering sativas I couldn't normally grow outside. Some companies that have incredible auto stock you should look into:
Dutch Passion (so many incredible varieties)
Dinafem (again so many proven variieties)
Autoflower Portal Giftshop (offer non femmed auto seed)
Sweet Seeds (so beautiful)
Delicious Seeds

So you mentioned Jorges book as the bible...though its a good book for sure, download a copy of Growing Elite Marijuana. Best book out there I think!

Thanks Ripper.
yep Mephisto looks good, nice vibe about their presentation too,
but I think they're all feminised and I cant shake off the desire to provide myself with a few seeds.
later dude.

Hey great to meet another long time grower!(well I only have 20+years exp) So your grows...are they done outdoors? I just started growing autos a few years ago and have had mixed results outdoors, seems they are a bit susceptible to cool weather. But the awesome variety allows us to grow out long flowering sativas I couldn't normally grow outside. Some companies that have incredible auto stock you should look into:
Dutch Passion (so many incredible varieties)
Dinafem (again so many proven variieties)
Autoflower Portal Giftshop (offer non femmed auto seed)
Sweet Seeds (so beautiful)
Delicious Seeds

So you mentioned Jorges book as the bible...though its a good book for sure, download a copy of Growing Elite Marijuana. Best book out there I think!

Back