Status
Not open for further replies.
Dyslexia gets the best of me sometimes. I swear I can read!

@StarBright

Tell me about it I found out I was dyslexic 10 years ago and then attended the Dyslexic Institute to learn coping stratagies.

I was so interesting i learnt that there are many incarnations of dyslexia, some people are reader and others are writers along with other disadvantages such as time distortion.

I am constantly spell checking my posts and frequently google words, posting in forums actually helps and constantly checking spellings which helps me to learn to type them correctly.

If you catch me on a bad day and if I'm in a rush you will see many mistakes in my posts but normally I proof read my posts before posting.

If I happen to be replying to a post at great length I will find there are a whole load of replies from other members posted before I have finished replying but oh well thems the breaks.

I never feel ashamed of my dyslexia, I have an IQ of 130 and I am highly creative and soak up knowledge like a sponge but when it comes to laying it down in words, this is where it gets messy.

I am what is reffered to a as a "Reader" which is to say I have no problems reading words but writing them is my downfall, slow and steady is the way forwards and double check everything.

So many words are not recognized so it puts a red line under it, I go check it on Google and guess what I often spelled it correctly , then there's the american verse English spellings, I spell colour with a "U" in it but as you guessed I get a red line under it (that gets my goat)!

I find also double spacing helps me as it makes the page less cluttered.

@StarBright

Tell me about it I found out I was dyslexic 10 years ago and then attended the Dyslexic Institute to learn coping stratagies.

I was so interesting i learnt that there are many incarnations of dyslexia, some people are reader and others are writers along with other disadvantages such as time distortion.

I am constantly spell checking my posts and frequently google words, posting in forums actually helps and constantly checking spellings which helps me to learn to type them correctly.

If you catch me on a bad day and if I'm in a rush you will see many mistakes in my posts but normally I proof read my posts before posting.

If I happen to be replying to a post at great length I will find there are a whole load of replies from other members posted before I have finished replying but oh well thems the breaks.

I never feel ashamed of my dyslexia, I have an IQ of 130 and I am highly creative and soak up knowledge like a sponge but when it comes to laying it down in words, this is where it gets messy.

I am what is reffered to a as a "Reader" which is to say I have no problems reading words but writing them is my downfall, slow and steady is the way forwards and double check everything.

So many words are not recognized so it puts a red line under it, I go check it on Google and guess what I often spelled it correctly , then there's the american verse English spellings, I spell colour with a "U" in it but as you guessed I get a red line under it (that gets my goat)!

I find also double spacing helps me as it makes the page less cluttered.
Writing is my issue too. The only issues I have with reading, are numbers. I scored college level on all of my tests in school by 9th grade.

How far away is that little fooking beaver now from me... Someone's seen it ?????

image.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back