Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
PPM has been way confusing to me, with 2 or 3 different scales in use. I got my $20 ppm meter off eBay (https://www.ebay.com/itm/370309496899). I didn't even know which scale it was using until I compared the reading to the Greenleaf feed calculator (they show results for 500 and 700 ppm scales, or EC). When this meter gives up the ghost I'll get an EC meter.
Are you sure that the meter you have can't be set to EC. many of them can, including both of the cheapies I have. Growing our favorite plant would be a hell of a lot simpler if everyone just stuck to EC. The irony is that the so-called PPM meters measure no such thing, they all measure EC (electrical conductivity) and do a conversion to estimate PPM. The problem is that every salt affects EC differently, so accurate estimation of ppm from EC is complicated, and rarely accurate with nute mixes. We should not be using ppm for mixing nutes, IMHO. :pighug: :bighug:

One day soon I'll get there.. IF I can just get out of the way things go much better:doh::rofl::rofl:
You and me both mate, LITFA has been a tough lesson that I am still working on. The nice thing is that over time you stop worrying about stuff that turns out to not be that important. Like, for example, some plants that just insist on drooping. I can remember chasing nute mixes and watering until I got very frustrated trying to "cure" the "problem". I no longer pay any attention to drooping if I know that environment is ok. Some droop, some don't. They usually get over it, but not always, but it seems to make buzz all difference to the end result. Mind you, I am still in learning mode here... :bighug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back