Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go for it. Try to visit less frequently… I know, it’ll be hard. And never the same path in and out. If there’s a trail, people may follow it. And if you can, carry an alibi… binocs for birdwatching, fishing pole, forage bag for mushrooms and native herbs… anything that makes sense.
When I was a surf/windsurf bum I rented a room in Maui one winter, early '80's. My landlord was a 16 yr old whose parents gave up looking for him at the end of family vacation when he was 13. They left him and went home to the mainland. He supported himself picking frangipani flowers to make leis to sell to tourists, until he figured out how to grow weed between rows in the sugar cane field behind the house. The machine that plants plugs of seed cane also plants a 1/2" poly irrigation pipe down each row, with pinholes at each plant for automatic watering of cane (or weed). He said you just have to not get greedy and plant so much that the helicopters can see it. In those days Maui Wowie was a popular strain.

you havent had problems with top dressing the bits? I got some and if that works I won’t have to buy nematodes then. I seen people use that soil before on here I believe when I use pro mix there was no gnats at all. Seems like if it’s inert there is little to no chance at gnats. If it’s enriched seems to be more likely
In my hands IF I top dress my keg cups right after I drop my seeds and again top dress my grow bags transplanting (as soon as I fill them) ...
I've never had them get a foot hold.
I still watch carefully and the second I see (if I ever do) a single one I reapply immediately!

What I noticed with most bags is I didn't see the little bastards till about a week after I planted.
I also noticed that garden center (Lowes cheapo depot) bags were the worst idk why. To the point you open the bag and they're flying out.
Outside grows I never sweated it cause they're weak flyers (so I was told) and shit eats them.

Indoors is a whole different thing I feel and if I saw that (them flying outta the bag as I opened it) I wouldn't use the bag if there was any other choice.
I've never bought nematodes mostly b/c I didn't know about them.
I wouldnt hesitate to use them if mosquito bits didn't completly wipe them out (as in I never saw one)
Gnatnix was just amazing it so sucks they're gone, you could water right over it but that ships sailed.
That's my experience. It certainly wouldn't hurt to have nematodes on hand. I'm curious how long they're good for in those pot popper thingys.
I'm thinking the trick is don't let them get a foothold and it's all about population density.
If you see one flying how many are already squirming around your MOIST (hahaha had to go there) soil.
That's my results YMMV. If those pot popper things have a shelf life I'll keep them in hand.
if your resusing your soil it I'd say add them.

Last edited:
Go for it. Try to visit less frequently… I know, it’ll be hard. And never the same path in and out. If there’s a trail, people may follow it. And if you can, carry an alibi… binocs for birdwatching, fishing pole, forage bag for mushrooms and native herbs… anything that makes sense.
My brother in law did for years. Here's what he always told me. Find a remote spot that grows high brush/weeds. Don't plant them like a garden all nice and neat space them a tad with shit in-between (irregular). Don't beat a path in use different routes. He used to set up a stealthy way to catch water so it don't need to be lugged in (IIRC rubber material for building fountains). Harvest at night they wanna catch you carrying out finished product!!!
We don't see it no more cause we're legal now but IIRC they'd wait till the fall, you'd see helicopters over the power lines why I can't say for sure. BUT autos would throw Thier timing way off on that one.
I do a few hidden up my buddies wood shop I myself never do the power line thingy. These were all my brother in laws tricks.

FB_IMG_1674880021825.jpg

Throw some Osmocote in there and you won't have to feed at all.... :stir:
I am for shit sure doing this on one (of 5) of my next round of autos as soon as I harvest these. I see no reason it ain't gonna be great and then (when it works mint) all my outdoor ones are gonna get this treatment this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back