Lil'Stick , Wedding CK, Russian Queen 2024 by MOG.

I've been on the fence (butt hurts 😆) for ages with these floraflex caps.

Obviously made for grodan and coco but I was imagining ways to make them work for 6" baskets of hydroton to more evenly disperse the liquid.

Do you think I could make them fit? Round holes square pegs situation.

I've been on the fence (butt hurts 😆) for ages with these floraflex caps.

Obviously made for grodan and coco but I was imagining ways to make them work for 6" baskets of hydroton to more evenly disperse the liquid.

Do you think I could make them fit? Round holes square pegs situation.
No, and a waste of time.

I know that it looks like a Floraflex cap will distribute the water over the media more evenly but that is not going to happen unless you are watering with a garden hose volume. The drip emitter drops simply run into the nearest hole. I tried running 1/4 lines without emmiters and there was not even close enough volume with two lines to flood the top of the cap.

2024-10-16_13-31-06.jpg

There are a lot of better solutions, I would consider leaky hose. This stuff is cheap and you can use as long a piece as you need to deliver the amount of water you need.

2024-10-16_13-40-44.jpg

No, and a waste of time.

I know that it looks like a Floraflex cap will distribute the water over the media more evenly but that is not going to happen unless you are watering with a garden hose volume. The drip emitter drops simply run into the nearest hole. I tried running 1/4 lines without emmiters and there was not even close enough volume with two lines to flood the top of the cap.

View attachment 1712874

There are a lot of better solutions, I would consider leaky hose. This stuff is cheap and you can use as long a piece as you need to deliver the amount of water you need.

View attachment 1712875
Thanks. You saved me a few bucks.

I thought the soaker hoses might get crusty on the bottom and slimy on top...went with sprinklers.

Back