Likely stress - Worth continuing or remove to give other plant space?(See pics)

Reaction score
Hi. Been lurking here for a while and first a Thank You to all contributors :cool1:

I do not have any prior experience with autoflowers. When I started feminized seeds were exotic and something with ruderalis was for people in shitty climates. This is my first grow with LEDs and I'm testing a self built RDWC system.

The question:
Should I continue with all three or keep only the overall good looking one to give it more space and bend the branches out a bit more? Or ist it possible that they'll recover.

The strain is Lemon Haze Auto from Kannabia and at the time the pics were taken the were 52 days from seed(germinated in less than a day but I left them for another half for the roots to get a bit longer).

It's likely that I gave them too much light. I currently do not have anything to measure. Also ran into an issue with the nutrient solution once (started smelling rotten within hours). Cleaned what I could and gave them a mild peroxide bath. Plants didn't seem to notice at all. No more issues with nutes after that (unless I repeated the cause).

I've defoliated them twice. But as every space was filled up the next day, I now just pick of leaves here and there when touching and sweating or directly on a bud. Did some LST and somehow manged to get something looking like holders for a bowl even though I started late and have only been bending here and there as needed.

2 of the 3 are not doing that well - they look healthy and are producing green but seem have stopped flowering. Unlike the other one which had also been the smallest throughout veg. Even some of the fan leaves near buds already have trichomes on them.

Here's a closeup from one of the two. Smells more like simple fresh green matter too:
afn_01.jpg

The pic above is from the plant in the bottom part of this pic (green looking flowers in bottom, normal ones in top part from the overall OK plant):
afn_03.jpg

The other one with the same looking flowers (not shown here) has shown the following mutation since veg by the way. One extra single blade with that almost root like thing and the little one with the three blades has a distinct stem of its own. Again with that white thread growing out of it.
afn_02.jpg
Thanks in advance.

Hi. Been lurking here for a while and first a Thank You to all contributors :cool1:

I do not have any prior experience with autoflowers. When I started feminized seeds were exotic and something with ruderalis was for people in shitty climates. This is my first grow with LEDs and I'm testing a self built RDWC system.

The question: Should I continue with all three or keep only the overall good looking one to give it more space and bend the branches out a bit more? Or ist it possible that they'll recover.

The strain is Lemon Haze Auto from Kannabia and at the time the pics were taken the were 52 days from seed(germinated in less than a day but I left them for another half for the roots to get a bit longer).

It's likely that I gave them too much light. I currently do not have anything to measure. Also ran into an issue with the nutrient solution once (started smelling rotten within hours). Cleaned what I could and gave them a mild peroxide bath. Plants didn't seem to notice at all. No more issues with nutes after that (unless I repeated the cause).

I've defoliated them twice. But as every space was filled up the next day, I now just pick of leaves here and there when touching and sweating or directly on a bud. Did some LST and somehow manged to get something looking like holders for a bowl even though I started late and have only been bending here and there as needed.

2 of the 3 are not doing that well - they look healthy and are producing green but seem have stopped flowering. Unlike the other one which had also been the smallest throughout veg. Even some of the fan leaves near buds already have trichomes on them.

Here's a closeup from one of the two. Smells more like simple fresh green matter too:
View attachment 1692671

The pic above is from the plant in the bottom part of this pic (green looking flowers in bottom, normal ones in top part from the overall OK plant):
View attachment 1692672

The other one with the same looking flowers (not shown here) has shown the following mutation since veg by the way. One extra single blade with that almost root like thing and the little one with the three blades has a distinct stem of its own. Again with that white thread growing out of it.
View attachment 1692673
Thanks in advance.
Gotta love the little mutations, I think it looks more like a pistil than a root, but that might my old eyes playing tricks.

Just keep going….they’re doing fine. Little mutations like that are no big deal. Overall I think you’re doing just fine for your first grow.. Remember, different phenos within the same strain will act differently. :d5: :pass: :peace:

my old eyes
Mine cant really tell what they are. Just look like short pieces of thread tom me with reading glasses. Here's quick handheld closeup (sharp enough I guess)
afn_04.jpg
Just keep going
Thanks, will do. The one in the middle had been behaving different from the other two and was only briefly even with them during veg. If it is simply the one finishing before the other two, it could turn out to be an advantage.

When I germinated the seeds for this run I only had a small greenhouse for propagation, nutrients, pH / TDS instruments, lights and ideas in my head. The speed with which they germinated and everything they did after, made me run for it. I went for it without having everything I need as it prevented me from "looking for better solutions".

Hope I'll come back with more pics when there something different to see. I did find a similar thread from a few years ago, but OP never came back to say what happened.

different phenos
Such an idiot. Dunno why I didn't check g.diaries before. There are several others with the type and flowers that would have scared me more than mine.

Judging by the average timeline of what looks like the same pheno to me, I'm about a week away from seeing trichomes on those two whilst the other one has been showing them for about a week.

After calming down from two of the three just being slower, it struck me:

I estimate that the faster one will be done about 10 days sooner. All three are fed from one nutrient tank (RDWC).

I did build my system in such a way, so that I could separate the faster one from the main system and run it on its own (stays in place, just connect nutrient tubing to a smaller tank and pump).

Usually I'd taper down nutrients towards the end but doing that for the fast one would be too early for the others.

So now I'm asking myself if I should:

a) Run the faster one with it's own nutrient solution
b) Run all three with the same nutrients, tailored for the slower ones, meaning the faster one will finish with fully fed.

Back