Light for a 2' x 4' tent?

I have a 2' x 4' tent and bought a Mars SP 3000 with it for a couple of grows. It's single bar light so it's easy to work with if you get plants with a lot of foliage. It's got a good spectrum and very good light output.

Another light to look at is the Atreum 3200. Excellent uniformity, good spectrum, and it uses push lock type connectors. I have push locks on my Growcraft lights and it makes moving the light in and out of the tent really easy.

After using my SP 3000, I bought a Growcraft X3 which is an excellent product but is over your $400 limit, though. If you can bump that to a tad over $500, you can add their X6 mini or the X3 to your shopping list. They have the same "full cycle" spectrum but have different configurations. I have veg light from Growcraft too, as well, so I'm pretty familiar with their products and will be happy to go over the X6 vs the X3, for example.

I think the Migro Tray is a brilliant design. Their lights have very high uniformity and the lights are very competitively priced. My only complaint about Migro lights is that they don't put out enough light.

The SP 3000 and the X3 both put out > 1000µmols over a pretty good part of a 2' x 4' but, if you look at the PPFD map for the Aray, does not do as good a job. The reason for that is that the Migro light is only 240 watts so I really can't compete with a 300 or 330 watt light. Why is it only 240 watts? Because, per Shane's web site, a 240 watt light is all that's needed to generate the light levels that he recommends.

And he's got a point. The Migro light simply will not generate high DLI's the way a light light the Atreum, the SP 3000, or the Growcraft but the question comes up of how much light do you want. When I started growing early last year, I started learning about grow lighting and one research paper that's is really interesting is in the graphic I've pasted in below. In the paper, the researchers exposed cannabis to differing levels of light in flower and the chart shows the impact on yield.

My thinking is that it's worth the extra $$ to have a light that gets me to the 900 or 1000µmol level because that translates into at least 10% more yield for any given grow.

View attachment 1545742
Thank you.

I may go here.
This looks intense.

I have a Migro Aray 2 in my smaller 2.3x2.3 tent. They are excellent lights and grow better than the numbers suggest. They make a very nice product if you go that way. I believe @DeanOnAuto has one of their larger designs.

I am currently growing a couple plants in a 2x4 tent and I have an HLG Blackwing that is fabulous. It fits perfectly in that space with enough room for environmental controls. It is also just below $400 so it's within your budget.

@Les @HLG is pretty active here if you have questions. Here is a link to the current HLG in the 4x2:

I don't want to pay much more than $400 but I'm flexible.
I've had a couple of 2x4 tents in the past. You could get two 100 watt Spider Farmer lights and they would serve you well. Their site has them at $129 in the US. I have two of them, but they are collecting dust as I've moved to a 650 watt light. Many of my grows have been with lower wattage lights. Good luck.

I have a Migro Aray 2 in my smaller 2.3x2.3 tent. They are excellent lights and grow better than the numbers suggest. They make a very nice product if you go that way. I believe @DeanOnAuto has one of their larger designs.

I am currently growing a couple plants in a 2x4 tent and I have an HLG Blackwing that is fabulous. It fits perfectly in that space with enough room for environmental controls. It is also just below $400 so it's within your budget.

@Les @HLG is pretty active here if you have questions. Here is a link to the current HLG in the 4x2:

I'm trying to figure out the differences between the kit lights and pre-assembled like the Blackwing.

Or...

Mines only an Aray Pro, I have 2 in a 2x4, they grow monster plants :toke:

That is definitely a question for Les the HLG rep. Hopefully he pops on and can answer it.

@Les @HLG
@pop22

You could go budget and buy a few 100 watt quantum boards. I run these $40 100 watt Maxisuns in all my 4x2’ tents and average 25-30 ounces per grow (2-3 grams per watt) Excellent coverage and yield potential for only $120 in lighting.

1670775174892.jpeg

Mines only an Aray Pro, I have 2 in a 2x4, they grow monster plants :toke:
I'm confused.
I don't see the "Pro" on their website.
Are all Migro Aray lights considered "Pro"

Last edited:
You could go budget and buy a few 100 watt quantum boards. I run these $40 100 watt Maxisuns in all my 4x2’ tents and average 25-30 ounces per grow (2-3 grams per watt) Excellent coverage and yield potential for only $120 in lighting.

View attachment 1545825
I searched for those $40 lights and can't find any.

Back