Old Reviews LG-G04B96LED 300w Reflector LED Review

Reaction score
Brand of LED: LG-G04B96LED 300w Reflector LED

Price of the led : $225 a year ago / $180 today
Delivery cost: $0 (though if shipped from China you may be subject to import duties)
What size was the grow space : 2' X 2.5' X 7'
Spectrum used:
430~440nm (Blue, 7),450~475nm (greenish, 5) 620~630nm (orange, 31), 650~670nm (Red,5), and white, Real IR spectrum: 730nm (Advertised, I don't physically see this bulb in the unit however)
Customer service rating..1-5: n/a - have not dealt with customer service.
Wattage of the LED ( actual power draw if poss): 190 watts actual draw, 96 x 3w bulbs
Optics used : 90/120° Mixed bulb angle. No secondary lens, the unit uses a plastic 'reflector' housing around the bulbs, painted with a reflective substance.
Build quality: 4 - Basic hardware inside, I do like the way the aluminum heat sync board shields the LEDs from harm while dissipating heat. Seems easy enough to replace a fan or power supply if needed.
Warranty length : 3 Years under normal use
Any noticeable plant deficiencies : Cal/Mag
Value for Money Rating..1-5: 5 - Grows me decent buds and keeps the electricity bill low
Additional info : This light now has ~ 4320 hours on it, running 24/0 for 6 months with no problems experienced. The exhaust averages 80-85f/29c under normal circumstances. Distance from light to canopy of plants ranged from 16" to as low as 8" with no Mont Blanc/Albino effect.

Link to your AFN grow:
https://www.autoflower.org/f5/nomis-berry-ryder-rotisserie-grow-journal-27280.html
https://www.autoflower.org/f44/my-first-grow-berry-ryder@-week-6-5-day-41-counting-18795-5.html

Link to where it was bought : www.ebay.com

Pic of the LED panel ( optional ) :

light.jpgP1010487.jpgP1010481.jpgP1010508.jpg

Got two of the smaller 150W version of these. I can confirm all you've said. Not bad light for the money, (but, dang, I'm still hot for a GN unit).

Nice one for the great review nomis :Sharing One:
:slap:

Great review Nomis ... Best bang for the buck in my opinion ... The fact that it is an LG raises my opinion of it even more ... :Sharing One:

Last edited:
What do you think is the max coverage area of the projected light?

Hey Chester, I don't think there is any relationship to the LG electronics brand we see selling TV's and cell phones etc.

- - - Updated - - -

What do you think is the max coverage area of the projected light?

My understanding is that with 3w bulbs on 90-120 angles the optimum coverage @ 16-18" is 2ft x 3 ft. I'm not 100% on this figure though.

I have this same light. The coverage is 4.4'x2.2' Standard coverage from the manufactures web site. It seems correct to me. Mine is in a 20 inch by 36 inch space.

- - - Updated - - -

nomis is correct it is a different LG they were at one time thinking of a name change for that reason.

I have this light too and a couple others from that company, fucking awesome and for the price can't be beat, y'all should google the term "topled grow light 420" u will find a discussion on another site, it's amazing!!

Wondering how does the veg/bloom switch work? did you use it/can you run both at the same time/is it worth only running one or the other?

Hey Gloom, I'm diggin' your AP grow, I just started up an AP w/ Cheese in soil over here. Looking to try DWC but haven't quite made the switch yet.

the 'Bloom' switch can run together or separate from the 'veg' switch. It pretty much controls 26 orange & 10 red bulbs. I tend to start seedlings using only the Veg switch, but only because I think full power is too much for young plants. Veg still leaves some red in there, but lowers that ratio for better photo vegging I suppose, but at a loss of 70w of light power from the unused bloom LED's. Once my Auto's look healthy enough by week 1.5 or so I just run the light on full blast till the end of the grow. There's value here for a photo grower I guess due to the spectrum ratio changes, but Autos will take whatever light you throw at em from what I know, so the more the merrier.

I haven't done any photo MJ growing indoors, but I did start some tomatoes and other stuff in the closet a few weeks back. The tomato seedlings got huge under full strength light with roughly 16/8 light schedule Those plants are producing flowers right now outside but don't seem to growing much. They should be vegging hard similar to MJ and give me flowers in another month, so I may have mucked them up.

Back