Mephisto Genetics Larfy outdoor AVT and Hubba...?

Reaction score
I’ve got a number of plants in my outdoor organic grow, 2 Alien v Triangles and 2 Hubbabubbasmelloscopes, that really aren’t putting on much heft. They started flowering 4-5 weeks ago. The plants look healthy and are not showing any signs of deficiency (some lower fam leaves turning yellow, which I think is normal...see last pic). I know these plants are sativa leaning but I see pics out there and folks are definitely growing these same strains with denser buds. Also my Walter whites and SoDK are plumping up better. Any thoughts?

Two of the AVT’s have been doing a funny single or Tri leaf thing since late veg which is also odd. No other strains showing this behavior.

I did give them a shot of fish a little late during stretch - 1/4 cup fish hydrolysate.That feels suspect to me now but I guess I’m surprised if that would cause what I’m seeing now.

I had 5 yards of recycled soil that i remended with 2.5 KIS nutrient packs, a yard of compost, and maybe 30 gallons of worm compost. temps Mostly in the 70’s and 80’s with occasional 90’s. They get 9 ish hours of direct sunlight per day.

Anybody seen This before or grown these strains outdoors before with more success? Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

3D29D03C-E1FD-481B-8E99-680E6B094BDA.jpeg
B1D5CE76-9CC7-45FB-A0A3-94ABA2C803D8.jpeg
BA90F81B-E2BE-4DEA-8B10-CBB69100A073.jpeg
5EA20738-4F51-4553-AE07-442A3D363932.jpeg
4AF97D61-31E7-42FB-8399-602BC70B621E.jpeg
1571FF7E-5AAC-4C38-9801-5E68AE6082AF.jpeg
E3AAAE46-D78F-4798-AC31-7323BE8DF2A9.jpeg

I’ve got a number of plants in my outdoor organic grow, 2 Alien v Triangles and 2 Hubbabubbasmelloscopes, that really aren’t putting on much heft. They started flowering 4-5 weeks ago. The plants look healthy and are not showing any signs of deficiency (some lower fam leaves turning yellow, which I think is normal...see last pic). I know these plants are sativa leaning but I see pics out there and folks are definitely growing these same strains with denser buds. Also my Walter whites and SoDK are plumping up better. Any thoughts?

Two of the AVT’s have been doing a funny single or Tri leaf thing since late veg which is also odd. No other strains showing this behavior.

I did give them a shot of fish a little late during stretch - 1/4 cup fish hydrolysate.That feels suspect to me now but I guess I’m surprised if that would cause what I’m seeing now.

I had 5 yards of recycled soil that i remended with 2.5 KIS nutrient packs, a yard of compost, and maybe 30 gallons of worm compost. temps Mostly in the 70’s and 80’s with occasional 90’s. They get 9 ish hours of direct sunlight per day.

Anybody seen This before or grown these strains outdoors before with more success? Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

View attachment 1219407View attachment 1219408View attachment 1219409View attachment 1219411View attachment 1219416View attachment 1219417View attachment 1219418
I've not only seen this but I've seen it side by side with everything being the same ph ppm ect now I've seen it in sweet seeds aswell I think it's genetics but it's a 1 in 30 or something chances. I also think bc autos are not as refined and wat I mean is say you take gelato photo how many times was it stablized before making it then real breeders will bring that to a f5 before claiming it's a stable strain but most are cutting corners ect and making something and naming it and sending it out which wouldn't be as bad if u were aware ect. Anyways looks like your plants are expressing more rudialis traits. Suck for smoke but hash and rso or edibles so not terrible bit definitely not ideal.

View attachment 1219407View attachment 1219408View attachment 1219409View attachment 1219411View attachment 1219416View attachment 1219417View attachment 1219418
When I run more sativa like strains in my greenhouse, the buds often aren’t as dense as grown inside.
I did hbss and AvT in the GH last summer and it was definitely the case. The more indica like strains don’t seem to be as effected.
The strains you mentioned all took me way over 90 days, but the finished product was good. Just not as dense as what I expect inside. Everything is also so much bigger as well. I did a 1 lb Ripley’s that was very dense. I wouldn’t change what you are doing, just ride it out and see what happens.
Cheers
os

Back