Dinafem Kush-n-Cheese Weird Mutations

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have one Kush-n-Cheese auto plant at about 5 weeks from seed, it was grown inside under a 300w LED panel for a couple weeks then put outside in western Europe.

I have no complaints, it's a nice and healthy plant albeit a bit stretchy, but it developed a couple cool mutations I wanted to share.

First off, its leaves are unlike any that I've seen, they started out normal but after the 3rd or 4th node up they have this weird triple junction going on where the fingers on either side of the middle one have separate junctions and the middle finger is alone, usually flopping below (see attachments).

Another cool thing it did too was it shot 4 branches out of its first node instead of the usual 2 (again see attachments).

I believe this must be a common mutated pheno in this strain since if you look closely on the YouTube video Dinafem has for the KnC auto their plant also seems to have those mutated leaves.

Can someone from Dinafem please chime in on this?

I think it's pretty cool and might be worth stabilizing and marketing as a feature, kinda like the ducksfoot.

Attachments

• wZWKZXJ.jpg
    wZWKZXJ.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_20160501_094627.jpg
    IMG_20160501_094627.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 134
  • ACCoDEM.jpg
    ACCoDEM.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 120
  • EL4VwYY.jpg
    EL4VwYY.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 108
Hi everyone,
I have one Kush-n-Cheese auto plant at about 5 weeks from seed, it was grown inside under a 300w LED panel for a couple weeks then put outside in western Europe.

I have no complaints, it's a nice and healthy plant albeit a bit stretchy, but it developed a couple cool mutations I wanted to share.

First off, its leaves are unlike any that I've seen, they started out normal but after the 3rd or 4th node up they have this weird triple junction going on where the fingers on either side of the middle one have separate junctions and the middle finger is alone, usually flopping below (see attachments).

Another cool thing it did too was it shot 4 branches out of its first node instead of the usual 2 (again see attachments).

I believe this must be a common mutated pheno in this strain since if you look closely on the YouTube video Dinafem has for the KnC auto their plant also seems to have those mutated leaves.

Can someone from Dinafem please chime in on this?

I think it's pretty cool and might be worth stabilizing and marketing as a feature, kinda like the ducksfoot.

Hello we have seen this happen but only on a couple of autoflowering strains one is kush n cheese the other was on a fruit auto :toke: they look to put out 5-7 finger leaves then another leafter over the top and you get 2 brances on some nodes not one.

I'll ask around the office to see if this is a very common thing to see :thumbsup: Thank you for bringing this to my attention and thank you for the added picture very much appreciated.

All the best

D-M.

Back