Indoor Kalashnikov Seeds Micro Grow

Reaction score
Week 1:

Here is a link to my set up and a quick run down below

Strains: Kalashnikov seeds Babushka Black, Northern Russian and Moscow Blueberry Auto.

Room: 60x60

Lights: Migro Aray 120 and 2 x SANLight Q1W

Light cycle: 20/4 for veg (Migro only) and 18/6 for bloom with the Migro on all 18hrs and the two Sanlight on for 10 hrs of the 18.

Medium: Soil/Coco/Peat Moss/Bark 30/30/30/10

Pot: 8lt smart pots

Nutrients: ATA Terra line of nutes plus Bloombastic and also Bud Candy, Bud ignitor and Nirvana from Advanced Nutrients.

Week 1- Sprouted on the 16.1.21.
Germinated in paper towel. Normally at around the 48 hr mark after going in paper towel I plant to the final pot however one seed burst it’s shell early and was completely out of the shell waiting for me inside the paper towel on the second day. A small all white Morsel waited for me. Poor thing. I tried to plant her and save her but she didn’t pull through. So as a consequence one seed is a few days behind the others as I hatched a newbie.
No nutes this week just some Rootfast 1ml/Lt and Silic boost 2 drops/L.
Temps are 25c during lights on and 20 after. RH is 47.
Light cycle is the Migro on for 20/4

Attachments

• E59FAD40-AFCB-4C7F-B911-DE34A88C1998.jpeg
    E59FAD40-AFCB-4C7F-B911-DE34A88C1998.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 33
  • AADE4C13-A666-428F-B9FC-D4E931E8ACC4.jpeg
    AADE4C13-A666-428F-B9FC-D4E931E8ACC4.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 34
  • 8A165176-27DC-4553-8245-FB507EA83B44.jpeg
    8A165176-27DC-4553-8245-FB507EA83B44.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 36
  • EFDE89F9-C387-4079-9766-D63C881895FA.jpeg
    EFDE89F9-C387-4079-9766-D63C881895FA.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 33
  • D2C61B89-453F-4232-A6F1-BC98BD2FB0D8.jpeg
    D2C61B89-453F-4232-A6F1-BC98BD2FB0D8.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 45
  • 5A4D4974-990E-4C14-BE70-35453E855DCC.jpeg
    5A4D4974-990E-4C14-BE70-35453E855DCC.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Cool setup, curious how close to 5oz you can get with that light in that space. I have similar dimensions and I've done a bunch of math, I think that's about the limit of a very well-managed canopy. 6-7 might be possible in exceptional cases, but that would be over 500-600g/m^2

Cool setup, curious how close to 5oz you can get with that light in that space. I have similar dimensions and I've done a bunch of math, I think that's about the limit of a very well-managed canopy. 6-7 might be possible in exceptional cases, but that would be over 500-600g/m^2

Hey Low and Slow.
Mate, it’s dependent on strain etc. I am currently hitting the 45-50g per square ft so yes, about the 7 ounce mark. It took me some trial and error to get there but I am hitting that mark now with all my plants (so yes 500-600g m2)
I use LST and some defol and squeeze as much flower as I can in. I am getting much more primo bud and less popcorn now as I am keeping my plants at about 30-35cm high.
Got my nutes and everything honed. The Migro alone is enough to produce good results in the space but I find adding the extra 100watts and the far red gets my average up from 35-40 to 45-50 per sq ft. Does it justify almost double the light? For me yes because I wanted to max this out. I need to keep on top of airflow and water. My outtake and intake are quite strong to deal with the heat and movement of air so I can get the max out of so much light. I found that this is the sweet spot for the set up. I am using high yielding strains with shorter flower times.
I like:
Sweet seeds: Jack 47, Black Jack, Mohan Ram, Crystal Candy, Mandarin Cream and cream Caramel autos.

Kalashnikov Seeds: The 3 strains in this garden and the Auto Mazar and Blue Acid

Royal Queen: Hulkberry, Northern light, Quick one, Fat Bannana

Fast Buds: Strawberry Pie, cream cookies, Zkittles auto, Russian auto

Green house seeds: Green o matic, sweet mango, Jack Herer auto.

I prefer the fruity types;)

Do you do anything to manage humidity?
Yeah, I have a humidifier which I use and under the rack the plants are on is a black plant tray. I fill it with water and use dish sponges like air wicks(see photo) The RH where I am is around 40 so it’s pretty dry. Once the canopy gets thick enough I normally don’t need the humidifier. It sits behind the closet. It helps me keep the RH up around the 45-50 mark for the first stages of the grow during this time of year. After that I keep the humidifier going until the last couple of weeks where I like the RH around 40 to finish the flowers. Also if it gets too hot I use ice bottles in the black tray under the plants. Summer can push the temps a bit so I use 2x 1 ltr frozen bottles when needed. Drops the temps down about 4 degrees Celsius and because they are hidden from the light they keep the ice for around 8 hrs which gets me the right temps through the hottest part of the day. With the setup I have and with all the lights running and a full canopy (with out ice bottles) it gets about 4 degrees Celsius above ambient temps outside the room. So on a hot summers day it gets up to 27 Celsius ambient in the house so the bottles let me keep the inside the cabinet at 27celcius. I like it any where from 26-29 Celsius in the grow space, that’s where I get my best results

Last edited:
Yeah, I have a humidifier which I use and under the rack the plants are on is a black plant tray. I fill it with water and use dish sponges like air wicks(see photo) The RH where I am is around 40 so it’s pretty dry. Once the canopy gets thick enough I normally don’t need the humidifier. It sits behind the closet. It helps me keep the RH up around the 45-50 mark for the first stages of the grow during this time of year. After that I keep the humidifier going until the last couple of weeks where I like the RH around 40 to finish the flowers. Also if it gets too hot I use ice bottles in the black tray under the plants. Summer can push the temps a bit so I use 2x 1 ltr frozen bottles when needed. Drops the temps down about 4 degrees Celsius and because they are hidden from the light they keep the ice for around 8 hrs which gets me the right temps through the hottest part of the day. With the setup I have and with all the lights running and a full canopy (with our ice bottles) it gets about 4 degrees Celsius above ambient temps outside the room. So on a ho summers day it gets up to 27 Celsius ambient in the house so the bottles let me keep the room at 27celcius. I like it any where from 26-29 Celsius, that’s where I get my best results

Attachments

• 959D7D6D-2CBC-43D4-A86F-662B3FA9AE86.jpeg
    959D7D6D-2CBC-43D4-A86F-662B3FA9AE86.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 36
  • 6858EA3D-E807-45B0-AA21-5FC9E103F7E4.jpeg
    6858EA3D-E807-45B0-AA21-5FC9E103F7E4.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 26
Yeah I find that with my cab, I'm always dry if my exhaust temps are good, and I'm hot if my RH is good.

I just got an AC infinity fan and controller to try to stay in the VPD curve better.

Eager to see this one progress!

Yeah I find that with my cab, I'm always dry if my exhaust temps are good, and I'm hot if my RH is good.

I just got an AC infinity fan and controller to try to stay in the VPD curve better.

Sweet mate! Yeah, from about the 3rd week my RH sits well around 55-60 and my temps around 27c. Seems to keep the girls happy. I found edging the temps up to 28-29 from 3rd week until growth stops work wonders too. I am not able to run aircon as firstly it dries the air too much for me and secondly the wife won’t tolerate it. So if that’s the only thing outta the whole scenario she won’t tolerate them happy to work around it:headbang:

The only variable for me this time is we are in a new place so let’s see how summer is when it hits but Iam excited. I really like these genetics, my experience with the Kalashnikovs has been great. Good quality and stable.

Stable is the key, nobody needs the accidental sativa pheno popping out of a pack when you're growing micro!

Fan controller is a good idea. I have found that although around 55-60% seems optimal for RH, any where from 40-70 seems fine. Also temps from 24-30 Celsius seems to work fine too however optimal seems to me to be the 26-29 pocket. But overall I wouldn’t so much worry about the RH being a little low as much as temps. RH is often easy fixes (like in my tent) but temps are a big difference maker. And also as RH rises so do temps. It’s why I got lots a fans and heavy duty extraction. My extraction is rated for a much bigger space however I like to keep lots of fresh air cranking as I do not supliment co2. To get that extra 10g per sq ft to get me to max yield the things that do it is the extra lights (1500 PPF in flower with all lights) and the extra air movement. Then with that comes the extra watering and temps and RH. But running this same cabinet previously without the extra extraction and light I was not getting much above 40g/sq ft. Which is still great. But I wanted to see if I could match what I used to yield when I was using a 60x90 and the recommended 1000 PPF tent in this smaller space and I found I can with this hot rodding. Also the reason I chose these lights aside from their amazing stats is that the drivers are separate. Very important to keeping my temps and RH in a better place

Back