Just put my first seed in a Jiffy Pellet. Now I have dumb questions...

Do you all think I should move to 5 gal? or even bigger? I am worried about how many I can fit in that small space. I thought about going with 5 gal, but was worried they would be too much. I can pick some up and transplant into those if they would be better suited for the Sohum.

Sorry all, havent used a forum in a long time. I will make sure and reply to everyone in the same comment from here on out.
If you plan to add Nutrient the 3gal will be fine but with Sohum I’m guessing you hope to avoid adding anything but a few Bennies. I believe Sohum recommend quite a bit larger pot though. Probably closer to 10gal or more. Depending on the genetics you plan to run the pot will most likely require less space than your girls will. In your space with Sohum I would recommend two 10gal containers for average size plants.

It is not a blurple. I linked it if you click on the name of it. It is a linear QB like a mars hydro 2000. Its a 1000w QB with 240 actual watts.

Ah yes. I just assumed it was a blurple because of the inflated wattage/efficiency numbers in the product description.

If 5g would be a tough fit, just roll with 3's. Honestly, either way you will be feeding at some point.

If you plan to add Nutrient the 3gal will be fine but with Sohum I’m guessing you hope to avoid adding anything but a few Bennies. I believe Sohum recommend quite a bit larger pot though. Probably closer to 10gal or more. Depending on the genetics you plan to run the pot will most likely require less space than your girls will. In your space with Sohum I would recommend two 10gal containers for average size plants.
Definately agree. The concern was space in the tent. Depending on training they will grow outside the 3 gal pots for sure anyway so what not a 5er at least. If a 7 gal fits under the light footprint. Go big. I'd like to know what the ammendments are.

Definately agree. The concern was space in the tent. Depending on training they will grow outside the 3 gal pots for sure anyway so what not a 5er at least. If a 7 gal fits under the light footprint. Go big. I'd like to know what the ammendments are.

I am going to run sohum water only until I see any deficiencies. Then I will top dress with some NLS autoflower.

If I may add my $0.02

I would strongly advise that you purchase and get use to using an EC pen, PH pen and a combo thermometer/hydrometer in the tent.
I know how much you spent to get started.
And you can easily become disappointed when things go wrong. And Murphy is AFN's patron Saint. So

Buy the best you can afford.
When things go wrong and they will.
(Remember this conversation later and laugh).

Everyone here will probably give you some good advice.
But the first question the helper will ask is...
Whats your nutes PH and EC?
As well as the tents environment.

And btw,
Your dumb question is a prerequisite to becoming a good grower and being part of the AFN community.

And yes you're welcome.(to AFN):bighug:

Here, being a misfit helps.
Some of us just fit in better than others.
Cheers bro :vibe:

I would strongly advise that you purchase and get use to using an EC pen, PH pen and a combo thermometer/hydrometer in the tent.

And Murphy is AFN's patron Saint.

But the first question the helper will ask is...
Whats your nutes PH and EC?
As well as the tents environment.

Thanks for info and the laugh. I do have all of that. However, I have no idea what the EC meter does! I should probably look into that. For the rest, I am running Sohum, so it has nutes in it and I plan on running water only unless I hit deficiencies. Right now my tent is way too dry at about 45% RH and I will get a humidifier tomorrow or Friday. I think the temps are going well so far, 70-82F but that is with pretty much nothing in it. My PH in my well water is either really low, 6.58, or my RH stick needs calibrated. I will pick up some distilled water and calibrate it to be sure.

I have been reading on growing for a long while. Unfortunately, I was always in a job where it was a big no-no. Finally, I retired and can now try and put that knowledge into action. Now its just time for practice, practice, practice!

Thanks everyone for all the tips. I went ahead and ordered some 5 gallon pots. I am only going to run three at a time so I think it will be fine. Gonna get some myco and a humidifier and will be well on my way! Thanks again!

Back