Status
Not open for further replies.
isnt a knob found on the end of a shaft?

I think that's a bell end :rofl:

Anyways Fridays tent shot :thumbsup:
IMG_20190802_122004.jpg

Happy Friday AFN

The rain was pouring down. And there standing in front of a big puddle outside the pub, was an old Irishman, drenched, holding a stick, with a piece of string dangling in the water.

A passer-by stopped and asked, "What are you doing?"

"Fishing" replied the old man.

Feeling sorry for the old man, the gent says, "Come in out of the rain and have a drink with me."

In the warmth of the pub, as they sip their whiskies, the gentleman cannot resist asking, "So how many have you caught today?"

"You're the eighth", says the old man.

Wassup LS peeps? So i dont know if anyone else here has cicadas around, but damn. They are thick here in my neck of the woods!
All day theres a constant background noise, kinda like a chirpy saw sound or something.
I finally managed to catch one alive, normally i just find their shed skin.
What freaky, loud annoying insects!
Anywho, im gonna go grow and smoke weed about it!
20190725_090537.jpg
20190802_091932.jpg

Wassup LS peeps? So i dont know if anyone else here has cicadas around, but damn. They are thick here in my neck of the woods!
All day theres a constant background noise, kinda like a chirpy saw sound or something.
I finally managed to catch one alive, normally i just find their shed skin.
What freaky, loud annoying insects!
Anywho, im gonna go grow and smoke weed about it!View attachment 1085532 View attachment 1085533

I think our 17 year cycle has a few years left, but soon we'll be inundated with the noisy little critters. Best way I can describe the sound is the sound of the phaser on the old star trek show (though not so loud). Constantly. For weeks.

Meanwhile there seems to be more bugs than air. Predator satiation is one hell of a survival strategy. Especially when the critters are already pretty big to begin with.

They are everywhere, and get everywhere. There is zero chance they don't get on you every time you are outside, and when driving you have to get used to them bouncing off your windscreen while driving. You can give up on keeping them out of your house. It's just not going to happen.

Pretty surreal, and impressive, at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back