Outdoor Jay's UK Back Garden Outdoor 2018

Sensi Jay

It's way in my brain
Reaction score
High all

Been hesitant and lazy...
:pass:
to get this thread started as there's no auto action going on unlike previous threads.

Also wanted to get to a more interesting point than the seedling/early veg stage which is plain dull IMO...

Line up is as follows, all fems except for the afghani:

3 x Dinafem Big Kush
1 x DP Snow Bud
2 x DP Frisian Duck
1 x Humbolt Seed Organisation 707 Truthband
1 x Humbolt Seed Organisation Amherst Sour Diesel
2 x Seedsman Afghani [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG]

High all

Been hesitant and lazy...
:pass:
to get this thread started as there's no auto action going on unlike previous threads.

Also wanted to get to a more interesting point than the seedling/early veg stage which is plain dull IMO...

Line up is as follows, all fems except for the afghani:

3 x Dinafem Big Kush
1 x DP Snow Bud
2 x DP Frisian Duck
1 x Humbolt Seed Organisation 707 Truthband
1 x Humbolt Seed Organisation Amherst Sour Diesel
2 x Seedsman Afghani [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG]
Nice SJ.... [emoji481][emoji482]
I'll be here to watch you grow bro... Good luck.[emoji267][emoji268][emoji269][emoji306][emoji319][emoji482]

Sent from my garden [emoji482]

All seeds were sown early April into rapid rooters then transplanted to one gal fabric pots and vegged for 20 odd days.

5th May planted one of the kushes directly into the ground in the flower beds of the very back of ma's backyard, simply turned over the soil and planted in the spot:

20180505_182944.jpg

and the afghani x 2 (left) and one dp frisian duck (right) in same spot as I ran couple of autos last year, just in compost and coco mix with some garden soil on top:

20180505_182936.jpg

Welcome friend, I have been learning a lot from you, I copied your breaking an egg into the soil!
Good I'm glad somebody's learning something out there LOL
yeah the eggs are really help another thing to is a really good one to use its Knox gelatin I'm not sure if you can get Knox gelatin or there but you can get Jello right? Knox gelatin is the Jell-O without flavoring or sugar it's the part that makes the water coagulate I guess or gel up. and it's really good for vegging plants you mix it in with your tea or your water. it's got a little bit Vitamin B and a little bit good for nitrogen and I forget the other stuff but it's just good though.

I make all kinds of teas that really don't have a salad recipe to say this is what I make.
I guess its because I don't measure shit I just throw it in there and go LOL.
Man I am just American hillbilly what can I say LOL and I'm stuck in the city on a piece of property I can't even turn my truck around on I'm so pissed LOL. But when you get ready to make some tea let me know and I'll try to help you out best I can cuz I think Super soils and teas are probably the best things in an outdoor grow could ever have an indoor grow too..
best of luck to you SJ[emoji481][emoji482]

Last edited:
Timed it just right as May was an unusually warm and sunny one for the UK with a nunber of full sun 26c days, very little rain.

A week later 12th May I planted out the rest:

The other duck went straight into the ground:

20180512_124639.jpg

A dinafem big kush in the ground the other side of the yard:

20180512_123256.jpg

The snow bud to its right:
20180512_123251.jpg

The 707 right again in the ground:
20180512_123242.jpg

The last big kush up top below the pots and the sour diesel bottom right, bk1 had come on nicely in the week:
20180512_123233.jpg

As had the afghani and duck:

20180512_123138.jpg

All were watered in with seaweed extract and all had one biotab when potted into the 1 gals.

I then was not able to check the plants for a few weeks, I live and work an hour's drive from the location and having a toddler to look after, ma was left to water them.

The soil is real clay like but is good qual to begin with...i had to dig out some large mushrooms when planting, which i hear is a sign of good soil health.

Anyway a couple of weeks and some awesome weather later, on 3rd June:

The afghani had developed :yoinks: ,I supercropped and topped the main heads of all plants:

20180603_112335.jpg

The pot duck was coming along:

20180603_112344.jpg

Ground duck:

20180603_112357.jpg

Kushes, some 'burn' it seems on this one in particular:
20180603_112329.jpg

First in the ground doing well, interesting fan leaves:

20180603_112323.jpg

20180603_112320.jpg

The other one is doing well, looks sati dominant:

20180603_112444.jpg

Snow bud going well

20180603_112436.jpg

As was the 707:
20180603_112419.jpg

Just gave them more seaweed extract and @Growtogrow trick of breaking egg at base and covering it with top soil.

Attachments

• 20180603_112306.jpg
    20180603_112306.jpg
    268.5 KB · Views: 286
Wow it's Jay those are looking really good. But I'm surprised you didn't use some type of super soil or some type of soil around the the potting hole that you put your plants down in there so they wouldn't be there in Strait native soil.
But there's always next year however they do look really well for straight native soil actually it's good that you feed them T they're going to need it you should probably top-dressing too with the all kinds of natural nutrients that you can possibly get around your area bone meal blood meal the kelp that you're using is as great I use that usually towards flower more but that's fine you put it in there now and it'll it'll decompose. But like all of your scraps from the table vegetable matter Tee's coffee save some stuff like that back and take that with you when you go up there and put it around the base of the plant dig it in a little bit with your little hand shovel and just buried around the plant near the surface but cover it up and water with your tea and topping.
Your plants are going to love that.

Yeah it's too bad so far away from where you live at it's hard to take care of them I know that distance.

Do you got copper bands around the bottom? I understand you guys in the UK got to deal with slugs over there a lot? That's something you definitely want to put around them.
They look good though excellent you're really doing a good job with them.[emoji482]
I then was not able to check the plants for a few weeks, I live and work an hour's drive from the location and having a toddler to look after, ma was left to water them.

The soil is real clay like but is good qual to begin with...i had to dig out some large mushrooms when planting, which i hear is a sign of good soil health.

Anyway a couple of weeks and some awesome weather later, on 3rd June:

The afghani had developed :yoinks: ,I supercropped and topped the main heads of all plants:

View attachment 919417
The pot duck was coming along:

View attachment 919416

Ground duck:

View attachment 919415

Kushes, some 'burn' it seems on this one in particular:
View attachment 919418

First in the ground doing well, interesting fan leaves:

View attachment 919420

View attachment 919421
The other one is doing well, looks sati dominant:

View attachment 919423
Snow bud going well

View attachment 919424

As was the 707:
View attachment 919425
Just gave them more seaweed extract and @Growtogrow trick of breaking egg at base and covering it with top soil.

Back