New Grower It’s Grow Time! “Water Only” Organic Mephisto Grow

Reaction score
Hello AFN growmies! I’m super excited starting this because its my first legit grow and journal. Having never planted before, a few months ago I dropped 10 ILGM seeds and subjected em to a lot of newbie torture while I researched different methods you guys used. Planted before research because it was important for me to physically see results of different mistakes I’d make so I could understand how these plants work without self imposed pressure to grow a perfect plant. Armed with only a little knowledge but a lot of confidence, I’m now ready to give it an honest try so let’s get to growing!

I’m setup in the garage with
Covert 4x4x7 tent
Efinity Ecogrow 4x4 630w LED
Vornado Evap40 Humidifier (in tent for baby growth, center of room for veg and flower) (GREAT suggestion by @Green Bean)
Cloudline exhaust system (setup outside tent)
Vivosun tent fans

I’m growing with
3gal fabric pots
FF HF/OF mixed 70/30 with 25% perlite
Down To Earth Bio-Live, Neem Seed, Crab Meal, Starter Mix
Great White mycorrhizae
1 Trout Head each pot
Red Worms

Mephisto Seeds
Strawbba the Hut (2)
Sour Stomper X Double Grape (1)

Seeds soaking in distilled water for 24 hours and will go straight to final container later today. Each pot has popsicle stick with dry and soaked weights for easy reference at watering time. Temp/RH will be approx 78/75 for seedlings/sprouts. Light lowered and dimmed to 60% to achieve temperature and will adjust at sprout. That’s when I’ll check in next, I’m really looking forward to the journey and absolutely welcome any comments or criticism along the way!!
AEDB471C-745E-4224-9413-2F153E455988.jpeg

Last edited:
Forgot to mention that out of those 10 seeds 2 were in coco and 8 in different soil “recipes” with the intent of watching em grow, wilt, yellow etc from learning how to nute and how not to nute, lighting and temps, over/under watering among others. Newfound respect for this plant for its ability to be so sensitive AND hardy. I put em through hell, gave some away and have 4 left (47 days old) and one (70) days that I (learned here) was starving of nutes in coco for its first 40 days YET had about 20% amber trichomes yesterday so I chopped it. Now they’ll teach me how not to dry lmao!
06CAE5F4-0725-46CB-91D1-26DDEA5BD433.jpeg
BE013DC3-27E5-4582-80AE-003335243D32.jpeg

Most of these will be turned in to marijuargarine (what I call my pot butter) except for an oz or two to properly see curing in action. They are all for teaching me how to grow the top notch genetics.

I decided to grow 2 more and in coco. They will be 72 hours behind the first 3 but I’m finding I have more lighting time in the extra tent now plus high humidity with the existing seedlings. The extra tent was going to be for drying and a small time frame of veg but after placing hygrometers everywhere in my grow room (garage) it turns out I can easily achieve a temp/rh of 66/50 in here with my wall AC unit on low and a tent fan blowing on some sock hangers. So in keeping with my theme of keeping it simple I’m gonna see how it works on that first plant.

I’m soaking 2 Mephisto Strawberry Nuggets x Skywalker x Samsquantch and going coco with nutes to avenge the poor girl on the hangers who was starved and abused. She shouldn’t be stunted in vain hahaa.
50EB299E-5B3A-4A98-A5A8-ED09B9E32702.jpeg

Well I have a change in plans. Long story short is I was in and out of the garage and had the tent door open and my dog tore up my 3 soil pots, undoubtedly trying to get the fish heads inside. Shit happens, can’t be mad at the dog for doing what dogs do. (Must’ve smelled pretty awesome because she’s very mellow and never tears shit up)

Sooooo this journal no longer matches the name because I’m going to document the 2 plants in coco using General Hydroponic nutes. Dropped em in the pots yesterday and will start posting when they sprout. Life goes on!

Back