Indoor Itisivolution. Paradise loft.

Maybe you're confusing her..
:pass:

Probably. You can't explain to them.

I was talking to a breeder, she told us that a pup only has to fail to suckle properly a few times and the mother will turn her attention away from that pup.

The other runt still won't suckle, the mum does help clean him when we try to feed him and wants constant contact with him. Itisher said the mum spent ages trying to revive the poor little one that didn't make it.

It's heart breaking.

Probably. You can't explain to them.

I was talking to a breeder, she told us that a pup only has to fail to suckle properly a few times and the mother will turn her attention away from that pup.

The other runt still won't suckle, the mum does help clean him when we try to feed him and wants constant contact with him. Itisher said the mum spent ages trying to revive the poor little one that didn't make it.

It's heart breaking.
Yes, it is. Do is dying, but it's all a part of nature, so natural. They turn away when the baby doesn't suckle because their brains instinctively tells them to focus on ones with better chances of survival.

I know it's so tough on us, but having 30 cats has taught me to better deal with these facts of life. In my mind, I accept that:

1) thankfully I was there to provide love and care, also as much comfort as possible;

2) if they were going to be sickly and miserable, they're probably better off dead.

*big hug* You've made a positive difference on an inevitably unpleasant situation.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Yes, it is. Do is dying, but it's all a part of nature, so natural. They turn away when the baby doesn't suckle because their brains instinctively tells them to focus on ones with better chances of survival.

I know it's so tough on us, but having 30 cats has taught me to better deal with these facts of life. In my mind, I accept that:

1) thankfully I was there to provide love and care, also as much comfort as possible;

2) if they were going to be sickly and miserable, they're probably better off dead.

*big hug* You've made a positive difference on an inevitably unpleasant situation.
Well said that woman! :yeahthat:

Nature is just so........unnatural!

Anyway thanks for wise words and kind thoughts.
20170203_144201.jpg

The runt is in the sick bay, the others were using him as a cushion to much. As soon as he's fed and back in, she takes up this position. She only gets in with the other 2 to feed and clean them, then straight out to the runts bedside shielding him with some part of herself.

Back