Harvest & Curing Is yellowing leaves a good signal ?

snerval

Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Hello AFN !

I'm having a tough time making my mind around harvesting time...
This is my first grow, so the excitement is also there ! But I don't want to mess this stage... it may be so obvious for experimented growers, but I assure you that it's not for me right now !

Take this royal dwarf auto for exemple : she's 9 weeks from germ, there are various trichomes quality, yet no sign at all of leaves dying, yellowing or else...
When I watch other gardens here on AFN, I can see most of time yellow leaves on plants that will soon be chopped.
Hence my question, should I wait a lot more, at least until some leaves start to decay ?

Royal Dwarf auto :
IMG_3391.JPG

IMG_3392.JPG

IMG_3393.JPG

IMG_3399.JPG

Hello AFN !

This is my first grow, so the excitement is also there ! But I don't want to mess this stage... it may be so obvious for experimented growers, but I assure you that it's not for me right now !

Take this royal dwarf auto for exemple : she's 9 weeks from germ, there are various trichomes quality, yet no sign at all of leaves dying, yellowing or else...
When I watch other gardens here on AFN, I can see most of time yellow leaves on plants that will soon be chopped.
Hence my question, should I wait a lot more, at least until some leaves start to decay ?

Royal Dwarf auto :
View attachment 1384273

View attachment 1384274

View attachment 1384275

View attachment 1384276
Hello most of the plants with yellow leaves have been flushed before harvest so the plant is using the food stored in its leaves hense why they look yellow i feed to last day and my plants are green so dont go by the colour of the leaves go by your trics

Yes that's what I understand as to flush or not to flush :)
I plan to feed them until the chop, so thank you for the info.
There's a great post about this in the myth section :biggrin:

Yes that's what I understand as to flush or not to flush :)
I plan to feed them until the chop, so thank you for the info.
There's a great post about this in the myth section :biggrin:
Hello i dont flush as in my test there no diff at all and no science to back up flushing but that is just my 2p worth and i like to make sure my girls keep pushing to the end with plenty off fuel in the tank :smoking:

That can be due to variety of factors: natural senescence; "flushing," not feeding, etc. It is not necessarily correlated with trichome/cannabinoid development in my experience. In other words, don't rely of yellowing leaves as an indicator of harvest timing. Look at the trichs.

I cannot really tell based on that picture where you are, but from what I see (mixed clear/cloudy with an amber or two) you are getting closer. HTH, IMHO, YMMV, etc.

Hello AFN !

Royal Dwarf auto :
View attachment 1384273

View attachment 1384274

View attachment 1384275

View attachment 1384276
hi bro I think shes got a little while left also when looking at trichomes make sure its not on the sugar leaves as they mature a lot faster as I cant see her being amber at 9 weeks old also your doing a great job on your first adventure and you should feel proper proud of yaself

hi bro I think shes got a little while left also when looking at trichomes make sure its not on the sugar leaves as they mature a lot faster as I cant see her being amber at 9 weeks old also your doing a great job on your first adventure and you should feel proper proud of yaself

Thank you for the good advices friend.
Also this dwarf is special in the sense that she didn't stretched nor make lots of internodes.
As a result the calyxes are really difficult to locate, even more so to look at closely because the buds are so dense lol

All in all I do feel pride, but also nervous because it is a first ^^
A bit of luck also :greenthumb:

:yeahthat: those are definitely sugar leaves in those pics, ignore those. You want to be looking at the trichs on the buds themselves. She probably needs at least another two weeks. Zooming out a bit can help, that way you're able to get a better overall pic of ripeness and actually be able to tell what you're looking at. With practice you'll be able to tell the sugar leaves from the buds closer up but it can be hard at first.

received_601598661254596.jpeg

Back