Is This Thing Flowering Yet?

I just grew out two Northern Lights plants from Fastbuds, from the same pack of seeds, and they were very different from sprout to chop. One stretched a lot when she started to flower and got quite tall, with minimal leaves and significant internodal spacing, while the other stayed very low and got extremely bushy. Their buds were different colors and smelled quite different, and they were shaped very differently too. The tall girl drank like crazy and the short girl didn't want nearly as much water. They were raised in the same tent and treated the same throughout.

I'm new at this too, but going forward I'll never expect plants to behave similarly, even if they're from the same strain and pack.

I give up. It’s 5’ and still hasn’t transitioned into flowering. It’s too big to deal with now, so I just stuck her outside in the high desert monsoon conditions.

After 1 week from being tossed into 95* weather, heavy wind & Monsoon, it looks as if the flowers are growing again. I honestly believed it’d be shredded by now. This turned out to be very educational & fun for a noob.
2487B59A-E214-4B81-AAAA-C76042238882.jpeg

Is that railing about 36 inches high? So the plant may be 5 feet tall when it is finished. Keep feeding and watering.
You should plant some tomatoes on that deck, it looks like a good spot.

Is that railing about 36 inches high? So the plant may be 5 feet tall when it is finished. Keep feeding and watering.
You should plant some tomatoes on that deck, it looks like a good spot.
King Kong is 57” right now. It was a lousy partner for my 32” Massive Midget.

It's a good thing it wasn't named Godzilla, it might 7 feet tall. :eyebrows:
It’s a nasty weed. She smells bad, always covered in tons of flys, & there’s nothing attractive about her...unless you’re a deer. There’s a doe who’s been eyeballing her.

Edit: She eats like a pig too.

This is a tough girl. 1 branch snapped off & a lot of shredded leaves, but starting to bulk up.
DF573833-A844-4786-8F7C-3BAA1D76B282.jpeg

Who needs to wash buds when Mother Nature does it at least twice a day? :wall:
CA467AF5-219C-4E7E-AD92-B80337444205.jpeg

Back