Grow Room Improving tent environmental conditions and efficiency.

Yes, it would work, might not be enough though, and using a good fan run at lower speed will give enough airflow and be quieter. I don't need to run filters so I only use duct boosters for fans, but they are noisy!

Wouldn't a booster duct fan work for an intake, he going to run it lower than the exhaust anyway. That was my plan for my 3x3.

It's not really temp limited. The losses from exhaust of the A/C heating the room air has been minimized with insulation, as well the window adaptor. Yeah, it draws air into the lung room, but that's conditioned air. The exhaust from the tent is out the top rear and directed towards the entrance of the room, away from the window. I think air circ in the lung room is about as good as it could be, given the room and type of a/c unit.

Yup, easiest is what I'll try first. I'm just going to make the cooler air is available to the inlet hose and not forced into it. I'd lose more control over it if it were forced. The exhaust fan couldn't throttle the temps that way near as much. At least the way it works in my head.:biggrin:
Do you exhaust your air out the room?? You can use a Wye to connect your AC to your exhaust duct. Though I've noticed an increased amount of smell escaping because of this, nothing too significant though

Yes, it would work, might not be enough though, and using a good fan run at lower speed will give enough airflow and be quieter. I don't need to run filters so I only use duct boosters for fans, but they are noisy!
That's good to know, I was going to use booster fans for a Photo tent since I use a carbon filter for the entire room, but I really wouldn't want to deal with the noise.

I exhaust into the room, however, I have considered mounting an exhaust fan through the same window the air-conditioner vents through.. That becomes a problem in winter though and would have to shut down the exhaust fan

Do you exhaust your air out the room?? You can use a Wye to connect your AC to your exhaust duct. Though I've noticed an increased amount of smell escaping because of this, nothing too significant though

This will be my first winter with my exhaust going outside, hopefully it isn't that much of a problem. I'm sure nothing a space heater can't fix.
I exhaust into the room, however, I have considered mounting an exhaust fan through the same window the air-conditioner vents through.. That becomes a problem in winter though and would have to shut down the exhaust fan

Sounds like a dilemma, I'm sure you'll figure it out though. May cost you though :rofl:

Actually, been running this room this way for 7 year lol. I think eliminating one tent and using an open space is helping a lot. I am going to go back to a dual hose airconditioner though, that takes care of the air exchange question. Running those portable 24/7-365 however is hard on them. I'm on my third one lol.

This will be my first winter with my exhaust going outside, hopefully it isn't that much of a problem. I'm sure nothing a space heater can't fix.

Sounds like a dilemma, I'm sure you'll figure it out though. May cost you though :rofl:

Back