New Grower How's she looking for 50days old (critical mass)

I know it's a pretty DIY setup but am I doing alright for the 50day point from seed. I feel like the lower sites arnt getting enough light..
Mirrors, or reflective mylar on the walls and floor will give considerably more side light.

Matte white paint reflects more than mylar and it diffuses the light quite lovely. With LEDs, the name of the game is all about using good components for the diodes as well as a solid power supply. The difference between sweat shop diodes and their properly made counterparts is huge. I say get something sweet using COBs or quantum boards. DIY is the best bang for the buck and all the homework has been done. It's stupid simple shit...like 3rd graders learning about electricity using batteries, a couple lengths of wire and a light bulb. There is two wires on a single channel driver. It doesn't get any easier. If you can work a pair of strippers and can tell the difference between + and - you're in decent shape.

The most exotic thing I've ever had to do making lights is soldering...which is not essential, and tapping aluminum extrusions to accept machine screws for sinking heat away from high current diodes. I've made a ton of lights, it's cake.

Also make sure you're using good genetics. It is everything. Can't have good dope if the genetics aren't there, and you can take that to the bank.

Those "1000w" lights are usually more like 150 or so, and not doing a very efficient job. I got a pair of Citizen 1825s that run at about 200w total...a little over a hundred each. One of those grew a Dutch Passion Auto Euforia that had somewhere around 25oz...it was the biggest auto I've ever seen and it went like 110 days. It was in a fully organic DWC with oxygen concentrator bubbler. It smelled like a sewer in the bucket. It was a huge pain in the ass. It legit smelled like an open sewer. One of the strongest smells I've ever experienced. I didn't even like the weed, I wound up selling it all for like a buck and a half per zip. I've had amazing results with Mephisto, they've been the most consistent, but I haven't grown anything in a couple years...but nothing's that new. It's just dope and fans and lights and water and fertilizers and whatnot.

I actually just scored some new Mephisto seeds earlier this year, maybe it's time to dust the cobwebs off the ole dopehole and fire up the ventilation.
signal-2020-02-10-163130.jpg

@Dr.Bubbles Please show me data that suggests white reflects more light.

White matte titanium paint is a great diffuse reflector, and I use it on my V Flats, but the silver is quite a bit brighter on my Sekonic light meter.

There is a reason nobody makes a white grow tent.

It's splitting hairs. I can tell you this though, white paint is a whole lot easier on the eyes, a whole lot easier to work with....mylar is a pain in the ass to work with. And it can be expensive.

I don't use tents anymore...and of course they aren't gonna have a white tent, it's matte white titanium emulsion paint that you want.

Mylar also reflects a lot of heat and creates hot spots where it crinkles that are acting like a dish to beam light.

I don't want to get in an argument, they both work and that is usually not the problem....although getting overzealous with reflective panels is a sure fire way to cook something, they block airflow and can get pretty toasty. I speak from experience. Not as bad with modern lights, but it was a huge issue with 600 and 1000w HPS lights in the before time.

Since lining my enclosure with tin foil And moving to a parabolic reflector from a wing type I've noticed a major improvement with a 600w MH/HPS.

Especially in not having to rotate the plants And bud growth lower down in the canopy.

This is @ Day 50. Auto's from autoflower dot ca.

The Girls 27 Feb Day 50.jpg

Back