Indoor How's she doing and how to LST a Bush?

Reaction score
Currently Smoking
OG Kush
Hi AFN,

New member here, totally noob. This is my first grow. It's her 30th day from seed, wanna keep her low due to height limitation. But am I tying her down properly and how is she doing? I can't seem to reach under her bush (pun intended). Seed is from Ministry of Cannabis. Strain is Blue Mandarin Haze. Please see the image below:

Last edited:
You should leave her alone for awhile and try and move leaves away that are covering the side branches so they get more light and start stretching a bit.

you can also do some ponytailing a couple of hours a day for maybe a couple of days.

@namvet25 - I was at the impression that you should always tie down new vertical growth. That's what I did to keep it horizontal as much as possible. I also tied down the branches you said, unless you see room for improvement?

@nizmoKush - Noted bro.

@namvet25 - Hi bro, is this what you meant? I've tucked down the big leaves to give way to the thinner leaves. Are those the side branches you meant? I can't tie down other branches cause they're still short. All I can do is just realign them. Can I also defoliate? I see some growers here in AFN who chop down their babies. I think she's healthy, isn't she?

Last edited:
Just a little update. I think that's a pistil, or am I wrong?

Aaaaaaaaaaand she's dead. Such a sad turn of events. I fucked up badly. Growing isn't as easy as just planting your seed then wait for it to bloom. Damn.

1st mistake, used granular nutes. These are time release so I dissolved them in water then didn't check for PH. This is my main problem I believe, please confirm.

2nd mistake, used vermiculite instead of perlite. Too much water retention. F*** me right?
Didn't research enough about this, I thought they were the same. I don't think I had root rot though, no funky smell. No odor on the roots at all, except for the smell of soil. But kindly confirm, please see the pictures below.

3rd mistake, defoliated her. She drooped the next day then bounced back after. But added stress.

Will learn from this and plant again. Try and try til I succeed. :) Thanks for the people whom have helped me!! :)

Back