How to Clone an auto and reverse

The GSC took 3 separate sprays, 5 days apart and it had sacs growing. I stopped spraying at that point because the sacs were really well formed, but still took another 8 or 9 days before they started to open.
I actually just collected some pollen to use, and dropped the open jar in the grass. Hopefully some more sacs will open pretty soon. Lol.
I've heard some people have had a hard time with certain strains. Not sure why. I want to try pollinating a Mandarin haze auto with the GSC and see if I get some viable seeds.

Good luck. Hope you get it reversed.
I love the haze genetics in general. Haze always reminds me of my trip to the Bull Dog Cafe where I first tried Super Silver Haze over a decade ago now. How time flies. I wish you luck with that Mandarin Haze auto cross. Sounds mouth watering to me. I'm also a fan of land race Panama Red and some of the other oldies but goodies. Anyway, thanks for sharing.

The GSC took 3 separate sprays, 5 days apart and it had sacs growing. I stopped spraying at that point because the sacs were really well formed, but still took another 8 or 9 days before they started to open.
I actually just collected some pollen to use, and dropped the open jar in the grass. Hopefully some more sacs will open pretty soon. Lol.
I've heard some people have had a hard time with certain strains. Not sure why. I want to try pollinating a Mandarin haze auto with the GSC and see if I get some viable seeds.

Good luck. Hope you get it reversed.
I've sprayed twice on one of my White Widow/Northern lights cross. It was a regular auto so I waited until pre-flower started. Can't tell if anything is happening yet or not.

My two Skunk plants are from feminized seeds and for about two weeks they looked pitiful but now they are really taking off. If I can get the STS to work on one of them or a clone taken from one I want to be able to create a good quantity of skunk feminized seeds since that is the strain I previously couldn't even get to grow. Wasted plenty of expensive seeds just to get these two plants.

All the other seeds I have ever tried worked 90% or better the last two years.

Last year I managed to get close to 4,000 regular auto seeds by crossing 1 male with four strains just keeping the best looking mature seeds. But I really want to make feminized seeds that are copies of individual strains and everything I try I have picked up from posts like this here on AFN.

If I am successful I want to do the same with my favorite strains so I have an endless supply of seeds for my personal use now that prices are going up and seed availability is dropping with US based seedbanks lately.

That's awesome. I need to try that. About how many seeds do you think you get from each of the small clones?
Just depends but a couple hundred per run isnt uncommon. I also take full plants and put them together w lil clones in the bottom ive hit 500-1000+ seeds easy.

Attachments

• 20200805_235040.jpg
    20200805_235040.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 101
  • 20200727_180757.jpg
    20200727_180757.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 107
  • 20200727_180749.jpg
    20200727_180749.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 95
  • 20200727_180743.jpg
    20200727_180743.jpg
    861.8 KB · Views: 85
I prefer the reg autos myself but ill do fems once in awhile.
20210319_105925.jpg

I pulled the mandarin haze from the flower room and painted a good size lower branch with the fem GSC pollen. Did it a few times over a few days to be certain. Washed her down and put her back in the flower room today. The pistils are darker and more curled today, so looks like it may have taken. If all works out, I'll have some GSC S1 seeds (from the tiny clone), and then the mandarin x GSC.
I've got some reg auto seeds, I'd like to grow those and see how they turn out.

@NastyN8t do you see increased vigor or anything using reg seeds? Or is it just less steps to breed?

I pulled the mandarin haze from the flower room and painted a good size lower branch with the fem GSC pollen. Did it a few times over a few days to be certain. Washed her down and put her back in the flower room today. The pistils are darker and more curled today, so looks like it may have taken. If all works out, I'll have some GSC S1 seeds (from the tiny clone), and then the mandarin x GSC.
I've got some reg auto seeds, I'd like to grow those and see how they turn out.

@NastyN8t do you see increased vigor or anything using reg seeds? Or is it just less steps to breed?

I do personally believe that regs make better plants overall w better stability and it gives u more diversity to choose from w multiple males vs reversal. A couple guys who have bred w my stock have almost exclusively moved to regs for breeding and 1 guy in particular say hes made the same cross w regs and then fems and he preferred the regs.

I do personally believe that regs make better plants overall w better stability and it gives u more diversity to choose from w multiple males vs reversal. A couple guys who have bred w my stock have almost exclusively moved to regs for breeding and 1 guy in particular say hes made the same cross w regs and then fems and he preferred the regs.
In my limited experience it seems regular auto seeds germinate close to 100%. I've had feminized seeds from seedbanks that I couldn't get to germinate at all. Could be old seeds or someone unloading garbage.

Back