Lighting How many cobs for 2x2 grow tent

J..

Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Thunder haze
What's up fellow growers, looking for a little input what would be the best setup for a 2x2 tent.Switching from a 600w mars hydro. Looking into either 2 autocobs which would be around 110w

A diy 200w cob kit with dimmable driver

Or a 135w quantum board kit,

Working with about $300 what would give me the best results and coverage for that space any input and info is greatly appreciated!!
Thanks

Welcome to AFN!! 200 cob watts in a 2x2 is quite a bit of light. Most cob set ups that you'll see have an average of 30-40 watts per square foot. I have 110 cob watts in my 2x2 and its plenty.

Welcome to AFN!! 200 cob watts in a 2x2 is quite a bit of light. Most cob set ups that you'll see have an average of 30-40 watts per square foot. I have 110 cob watts in my 2x2 and its plenty.

Yea thinking about going with the 2 autocobs or quantum board is there really any difference in them? Have heard the qb is basically a cob with everything spread out. I'm sure either would perform better than what I'm using

That seems like a whole lot of light for 2'x2'. I'm running about 140 COB watts in each of my 2 2'x4' tents, and I'm not sure the plants under them could handle a whole lot more. I thought about adding maybe 1 or 2 at low wattage with a bit more red, but that'd be the most I'd need to add it seems.

Its pretty nice being able to dim, in a small area like that you could go with a quantum board and a hlg 185w dimmable driver. Id do the A series with built in pot and adjustable voltage. put a good heatsink on the QB and youll be able to push it pretty hard. I saw a torture test and good ones can handle a lot more current than they are rated for, but Id recommend decent cooling.

Or get some Samsung F strips and have fun making your own light from scratch I will say the Hlg 185c 1050A is good for 230 Watt.

Back