Live Stoners How do you store your SEED?

MikeyB420

Naughty Step Holder
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Zen
After recent events, I'm interested? Mainly for breeders before sale!

Mine are always kept in the fridge at +4c, unless it ices up and I defrost, A quick freeze never hurt's?

ScreenHunter_1930 Oct. 13 16.20.jpg

:bighug::greencheck::digit:

:peace:

MikeyB420

Mine are happy kept in the dark in a cool, dry, place.

Wouldn't be keen on freezing as any moisture in the cells can obviously turn to ice and rupture the cells, buggering the seed completely.

That's unless you have the ability to do the sort of "freeze dry" process used for frozen food, which I don't so a dark, cool and dry place is the answer for me.

But I never have a huge supply of seeds, not when I can order and have them next day by courier delivery at a price I like straight from Holland.

I have a tin in the pantry with a layer of regular dried beans on the bottom and store my seeds in that. The beans keep the humidity down.

Sent from my comfy chair.
[emoji16][emoji41] [emoji43][emoji848]

Just a Percy grower, the ones i dont germ straight away wich is mostly the freebies i keep in their original vials, then in a good sealed tub in the fridge.

Mine are happy kept in the dark in a cool, dry, place.

Wouldn't be keen on freezing as any moisture in the cells can obviously turn to ice and rupture the cells, buggering the seed completely.

That's unless you have the ability to do the sort of "freeze dry" process used for frozen food, which I don't so a dark, cool and dry place is the answer for me.

But I never have a huge supply of seeds, not when I can order and have them next day by courier delivery at a price I like straight from Holland.

I tried the 'Freeze Dry Process' in the past as I have/had access to LN2, I am going to sow some of these seeds along with the replacement seeds coming from Autoseeds in the post. It will be interesting to see how my Dragon crosses fair?

:peace:

MikeyB

I messed up and froze a big order of seeds when I got them because I was just about to get a better setup in a few months and didnt want them to go bad.

I've simply put my seeds in a sealed Tupperware bowl and putem in a lower refrigerator drawer. Seems to keep them viable as last year I germed 8 seeds that were dated '13-14...

Has anyone ever gotten autoflower seeds to germ after accidentally freezing them by mistake? I've had about 17 or 18 seeds pop, stunt and die. They get to the sprout part, then never grow. Had one that looked 2 days old for about a week then it withered and died on me. I really dont want to have to throw these seeds out because there are some awesome strains I wanted to preserve. Plus it was close to a 200 dollar order. Any help would be greatly appreciated if anyone could give me the know how to get these girls up and producing...

In the fridge in the dark. I’ve had seeds 3 years old and still grew just fine

Back