New Grower Hermaphrodite? Need some input. :)

Hermaphrodite of 100% Male?

• Total voters
M

Mjøllnir

Hello all, as you can see I am new here. I am also relatively new at growing. Especially indoors. I'm not saying I haven't put my due time behind a few books and a few forums on the net. However I am still learning and need to understand this Hermaphrodite problem. There are two stages of growth in my Grow Room at the moment. I am growing what was claimed to be Lowryder #2. I have recognized several plants with both male and female traits. The pictures I provide in this post is a plant that has the most male traits out of all of them. I have heard several methods in dealing with Hermaphrodites and still getting some bud yield. I do see the pollen balls, I just don't want to be looking at a 100% male plant, if so, he's gone.

Sorry in advance for the out of focus shots, camera phone :/
http://s1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj495/Mjollnir84/?action=view&current=0317122113b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
0317122113b.jpg
[/IMG]
0317122113b.jpg
[/IMG]male. but your right the picture sucks...if you want better advise take a better pic...sorry to be so blunt.

Unfortunately, the part that's out of focus is the part we need to see. :D But, I can make out a couple pre-flowers and maybe a male sack (not sure, it might be a leaf). There's no way to tell for sure but I can't clearly see any sign of sex at all... just pre-flowers. :peace:

EDIT: @cres... we were simul-typing. :D

still hard to tell... dont see any hairs... try coming away with your camera a bit more on the close-up setting. I get much clearer pics with my cam that way... :toke:

Question about the Lowryder2 hairs, do they start as green almost leaf like growths from the joints and colas then turn more white with the stage of flowering? I did some more eyespying on this plant and I can see where there are pollen pods growing around these green hair growths.. again not sure if this is future leaf growth or hairs. This plant is 5 weeks in from seed.

Looks 100% male to me in the new pics.

well out of all of em you posted, most are indistinguishable but, pic number 11 does appear to be male...i think that's what i see there, sacks hanging, and pods growing.

If he is 100% male how much damage has he done to my crop at this stage?

Looks like none to me if you dont see any pollen...thats the powdery dust looking stuff.... coming out of those male pods then your ok... if they are releasing pollen now.. then for each pistol...those are the white hairs...you would get one seed.

Back